Discussion Streaming Devices vs Smart Set Top Box

Which one would you prefer?

• Total voters

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
For those upgrading to Xstream Box. Why didn't you buy the Xstream Stick instead? Here you get a stand alone portable device. Having both normal set top box and streaming stick. If one goes bad you can have the other as backup. You can carry the stick anywhere you want. This is not my opinion. I am just asking you the reason. Please don't be offended.

Meanwhile I am doing this poll. Asking whether our members prefers a streaming stick or a smart set top box? Please reply with the reason behind choosing one over the other.

Although I am not much satisfied with Xstream Box because it doesn't have support for 4k files & NTFS file system but if I would have to decide as an user who still have not bought anything and confused on what to buy, I would personally prefer less number of devices...So, voted for Smart STB...

After I bought the Xstream just few days ago, now I am seeing that DishTV is also gonna release their android box next month with a better quad core Amlogic CPU...My timing has always been bad in these things...I was a DishTV user...So, they would just upgrade the box to get it done plus I think since the DishTv box is coming with a much powerful CPU (compared to dual core CPU of Xstream box), it would play local 4K files at ease too...

Last edited:
Although I am not much satisfied with Xstream Box because it doesn't have support for 4k files & NTFS file system but if I would have to decide as an user who still have not bought anything and confused on what to buy, I would personally prefer less number of devices...So, voted for Smart STB...

After I bought the Xstream just few days ago, now I am seeing that DishTV is also gonna release their android box next month with a better quad core Amlogic CPU...My timing has always been bad in these things...I was a DishTV user...So, they would just upgrade the box to get it done plus I think since the DishTv box is coming with a much powerful CPU (compared to dual core CPU of Xstream box), it would play local 4K files at ease too...
But how do you rate only 1gb RAM and 8 gb storage on Dish TV upcoming box. Sorry if this is out of topic here.

But how do you rate only 1gb RAM and 8 gb storage on Dish TV upcoming box. Sorry if this is out of topic here.
Horrible for multitasking. Most app those streaming ones specially will start restarting while switching apps.

Both have merits and demerits of their own. It is purely the choice of the user.

Those are low spec & are of the same as Xstream Box but the Quad Core CPU atleast would have been much better (compared to a dual core CPU on the Xstream box from a not-so-known maker) as all the top android boxes come with Amlogic CPUs & they are known for their best performance among all the chips used in the android boxes...

Plus Amlogic boxes do support NTFS & local 4K files...On any android box or hybrid box, you can just put a 16-64 GB pen drive & have the box to treat the flash drive/External HDD as internal storage so having less rom doesn't matter much...There will be an option called "Format & use as internal storage"...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock