Discussion Strengths and weaknesses of Viacom18 and its performance

As per the Thread suggests - Here are some take from My Point of View regarding Viacom 18 -

Colors Bangla
When Viacom 18 had not undertaken the Ennadu Television We the Bengali's have privilege to watch ETV Bangla (presently Colors Bangla) which really provides so many Good & Original Shows that till date We cherish that Memories. Even on Sundays ETV Bangla used to telecast Very Special Stories relating to Mystery / Romance / Exclusive Telefilms. But that Golden Days passed by the Time and after overtaken by Viacom 18 - the Colors Bangla lost the path and Derailed from its main target vividly and now completely out raced from the Market. Recently Colors Bangla filling their Program Schedule with the Dubbed Content from Hindi GEC and repetation of Bangla Movies even in the Night Schedule which again leading their path into deep darkness.

Colors Bangla Cinema
The Movie Library of CBC lacks with Comparison to Star Jalsha Movies and Zee Bangla Cinema. Also repetation of same Movies in alternate Days leads to create non interest among Subscribers.

Colors
Colors lost its tempo from 2 years Back when Big Boss 11 failed and Channel invests hugely on BB. Recently they have made off air all its Old Serials but still unable to hit the Goal. Only 'Chhote Sardarni' ' & 'Khatra....' making its TRP . Even 'Dance Deewane' 'Kawach' could not achieve the Goal so even now on Sundays they offers 'The Khatra Show' to compensate the Loss. It's High time for Viacom 18 to think wisely for Colors.
But there are no words but a Single Word to Describe 'Colors Rishtey' is - " Disappointment".

Colors Cineplex
Colors Cineplex lost the Charm a quite after starting their mirror Telecast with SD + HD Version with South Masala Stuffs. Hope they realise the Scenario and share the Time Bands with more Bollywood Stuffs.

MTV / MTV Beats / Vh1
Viacom 18 is really shining in the Music Genre as it's advantage on Baarc reflects for Availability for HD Variants.
Both Mtv Beats & Vh1 offers some Good content.

Where as Mtv offers music from 12 am to 10 am and rest is assured for Reality Shows of its Brand. I think Mtv should rename their Brand to Colors Reality & Colors Reality HD instead of MTV & MTV HD+.

Viacom 18 really shines with Glory in the English Genre and Kids Genre with Colors Infinity & Comedy Central + Nick , Sonic. They can now sit back and take a strong decision by Launching English Movie Channel asap.

Another strong point for Viacom 18 is their Package Pricing after New TRAI Tariff. But failed to attract Subscribers for Subscribing their Portfolio.

We can only Hope and Pray for Viacom 18 that they will reshuffle their ideas and will Bounce Back strongly.
Completely disagree with this statement Bigg boss 11 was big hit...and only reason behind downfall of colors ratings is trai new rules because of trai new rules people are not interested to buy colors bouquet Biggest reason behind people not choosing colors bouquet is that they dont have any sports channels , second reason is that they dont have any movies channles ,third reason is they lacks in news channels categories ..so people not choosing Viacom 18 bouquet will automatically result in fall in ratings of there gec channel...still i strongly believe that colors channel provides most entertaining reality shows including bigg boss ,khatra khatra ,khatron ke khildai , rising star...they always brings new reality shows with unique ideas and concept ...so no doubt colors is best channel to provide masala content

Completely disagree with this statement Bigg boss 11 was big hit...and only reason behind downfall of colors ratings is trai new rules because of trai new rules people are not interested to buy colors bouquet Biggest reason behind people not choosing colors bouquet is that they dont have any sports channels , second reason is that they dont have any movies channles ,third reason is they lacks in news channels categories ..so people not choosing Viacom 18 bouquet will automatically result in fall in ratings of there gec channel...still i strongly believe that colors channel provides most entertaining reality shows including bigg boss ,khatra khatra ,khatron ke khildai , rising star...they always brings new reality shows with unique ideas and concept ...so no doubt colors is best channel to provide masala content
But they do have Nick and MTV in their bouquet.

I think Mtv should rename their Brand to Colors Reality & Colors Reality HD instead of MTV & MTV HD+
Horrible idea. MTV is well-established not only in India but around the world for such youth reality shows (over and above music). MTV India is a particularly strong youth brand and it has succeeded where Channel V has failed and Bindass is only a moderate success.

You will be shocked by some international shows of MTV. For instance, Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant (censoring this word even though it is not exactly a swear word) are established franchises in some countries.

Last edited:
Colors tv is very haste. Just because Nazar was hit, colors launched few crappy content at 10:30 and 11 in supernatural genre. These are too bad that I don't even remember the name of these soaps. This hasty handling of soaps was also very vivid when colors shut down historical shows that were launched with much fanfare like jhansi ki Rani and Salim anarkali love story.

You will be shocked by some international shows of MTV. For instance, Teen Mom and 16 and Pr*g***t (censoring this word even though it is not exactly a swear word) are established franchises in some countries.
I love these shows. Hopefully, they will bring Indian adaption of same. They should also consider making Indian version of Catfish too.

It's also further be clarified by this way:-

1.Yes it is indeed a horrible idea to rebrand MTV (as it's an International Brand) but what meant to say is Mtv decodes for Music Television but nowadays its very less or No Music in the Prime Time Slots. The slots fully filled up various Reality Shows where the Target Audiences are Youth. So personally I think that the Content of a certain Channel should be reflected by the Channel Name itself. Think Channel Name XYZ Action and showing Religious Bhakti Films.
And also rebranding of MTV is just imagination. Viacom 18 will or have no plan to do so in coming 100 years.

2. Sorry @Shubh and @karan for naming the BB Season wrong. Apology for that But what I meant is after introduction of Common people in the House Audiences lost interests to watch it. Celebrity Hastle in the House are more TRP Gainer in every manner. And that's why the Last season of BB failed miserably. Also the increasing Cost Per Episode for BB effecting on the Revenue Generation and to Cover Up the Margin. So this year BB 13 returning with More Glamour Glitz and Celebrities again.

3.Viacom 18 have observed that Khatron Ke Khiladi are more Chart buster in terms of TRP so Colors sticked to the Show and this Year's Season has been already Shot Vividly and ready for Post Production.

4.Not Having a Sports Channel in the Bouquet reflects the Subscription but in past 2 or 3 Sporting Events have been Shared Broadcasted on Colors Cineplex + Mtv with DSPORT that benefited them. May be in upcoming days we can see more Sporting Shared Broadcast also which will generate money for them.

Last edited:
It's also further be clarified by this way:-

1.Yes it is indeed a horrible idea to rebrand MTV (as it's an International Brand) but what meant to say is Mtv decodes for Music Television but nowadays its very less or No Music in the Prime Time Slots. The slots fully filled up various Reality Shows where the Target Audiences are Youth. So personally I think that the Content of a certain Channel should be reflected by the Channel Name itself. Think Channel Name XYZ Action and showing Religious Bhakti Films.
And also rebranding of MTV is just imagination. Viacom 18 will or have no plan to do so in coming 100 years.

2. Sorry @Shubh Bhai and @karan Bhai for naming the BB Season wrong. Apology for that But what I meant is after introduction of Common people in the House Audiences lost interests to watch it. Celebrity Hastle in the House are more TRP Gainer in every manner. And that's why the Last season of BB failed miserably. Also the increasing Cost Per Episode for BB effecting on the Revenue Generation and to Cover Up the Margin. So this year BB 13 returning with More Glamour Glitz and Celebrities again.

3.Viacom 18 have observed that Khatron Ke Khiladi are more Chart buster in terms of TRP so Colors sticked to the Show and already this Year's Season has been already Shot Vividly and ready for Post Production.

4.Not Having a Sports Channel in the Bouquet reflects the Subscription but in past 2 or 3 Sporting Events have been Shared Broadcasted on Colors Cineplex + Mtv with DSPORT that benefited them. May be in upcoming days we can see more Sporting Shared Broadcast also which will generate money.
If one's seeking for sports. No one's buying bouquets for just one sporting event. Also MTV stopped airing music in other countries too. For music they got MTV 2 aka our MTV Beats.

Rising Star is definitely a good show, Bigg Boss is a staged TRP drama, And shows like Sasural Simar Ka ,Naagin, Kavach ohh god are too unbearable. Naagin 1 too an extent a good show but the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

I wanted to subscribe to viacom english channels, but there are no such dedicated packs. I went with alacarte. And network has added too much of channels that are non required which is only increasing the count. ( it's applicable to other networks also)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock