Sun Direct General Discussions, Help & Queries

• Thread starter Thread starter Bishnu15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 14,098
  • Views Views: Views 1,408,723
RE: General Discussions about Sun Direct

going to change my pack from tamil world Hd pack to tamil cinema sports pack Hd,still no channel addition takes place...

no channel addition takes place.tats y

@bishnu15 as you said sun direct will add many channels in this year.

Will their :hd channel count be more than Tata Sky by the end of this year?
Ie. 31th December 2015. Yes or No? :no

ABCDEFGH said:

Never Give up Hope :k

So I'll go with Yes :ohya

As a consumer we want tough competition in business ;)

ABCDEFGH said:

It is not possible for Sun Direct to beat Tata Sky in HD counts at the moment. They can only defeat Tata Sky in HD count if they more band width from Mesat 3B. I am sure if they buy 8 or 9 TP's from Mesat 3B which they already said they are trying to get then they can easily beat Tata Sky. Tata Sky too have the same issue of space crunch. luckily they were having more frequencies than Sun Direct and then they converted all the frequencies into DVBS-2 in MPEG-4 to make more space for addition of new channels. You must have noticed that whenever they convert few channels into MPEG-4 they add 1 or 2 HD channels. They are also left with few SD MPEG-2 channels. After conversion of those channels you won't see too many new channels addition in Tata Sky :P

Re: General Discussions about Sun Direct

I think its now become more tough for sun to get measat 3b tps at present coz of suntv issue with MIB

sudheep said:
I think its now become more tough for sun to get measat 4b tps at present coz of suntv issue with MIB

Very critical position :(

sudheep said:
I think its now become more tough for sun to get measat 3b tps at present coz of suntv issue with MIB

Sun Direct is going down day by day because of this issue. They have Mesat 3B active but cannot but the new frequencies:wall

Hassan Syed said:
It is not possible for Sun Direct to beat Tata Sky in HD counts at the moment. They can only defeat Tata Sky in HD count if they more band width from Mesat 3B. I am sure if they buy 8 or 9 TP's from Mesat 3B which they already said they are trying to get then they can easily beat Tata Sky. Tata Sky too have the same issue of space crunch. luckily they were having more frequencies than Sun Direct and then they converted all the frequencies into DVBS-2 in MPEG-4 to make more space for addition of new channels. You must have noticed that whenever they convert few channels into MPEG-4 they add 1 or 2 HD channels. They are also left with few SD MPEG-2 channels. After conversion of those channels you won't see too many new channels addition in Tata Sky :P

1 Tp carry 56 SD chs in mp4. With 12 tp total goes to 672 SD chs in mp4. U can take 575-600 SD chs + 55-60 HD chs.
How many chs TS is carrying now ? close to 300.

Still u say after conversion of those channels you won't see too many new channels addition in Tata Sky :dodgy

Back
Top Bottom