Sun Direct General Discussions, Help & Queries

• Thread starter Bishnu15
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14,039
  • Views: Views 1,383,326
Friends, i want to buy Sundirect as my Airtel Subscription ends in next month, the only query i have is "is there any way to go to fav channel directly with one press in Sun direct..? ", as we do in Airtel or Tatasky etc..by Pressing Fav Button, takes to first channel in Fav List. Please help me..

Thanks in Advance...!!!
He already checked with me over PM bro, I did not have an answer as I didn't use the favorites feature on Sun. Hence I asked him to post on GD thread so that the current users can help him!
Order based on location, let say ur favorating 800,120 after save 120,800 only and I can assure you 1000% sdc won't satisfy in fav
I think you still don't understand. Do one thing, click the Fav button on your remote and post the screenshot from your TV for us to see what happened.
I wont able to check now, to answer ur question it will go to first channel in fav list will confirm tmre

Here is how the FAV button in Sun Direct works (in both the latest HD and SD boxes):

When we press the FAV button, it opens up a menu that overlays the full screen. This menu has 3 sections:
1. Favorite
2. Favorite TV Channel
3. Program

Which looks something like,

77VuBmL.png

FAtOpiZ.png

Instructions:

1.We can move right, left, up or down using arrow buttons in the remote control.
2. We can set upto 8 Favorites channel lists. We can also rename these list names. For example, Favorite 1 can be renamed to Music, Favorite 2 to Movies, etc.,.
3. We can use the Red Button in the remote control to add/delete channels to/from any of the favorite lists from Favorite 1 to Favorite 8.
4. Whenever we add a channel to a favorite list, that channel will be REMOVED from the Program section and will be ADDED to the Favorite TV Channel section.
5. Pressing the Exit button in the remote control will ask to SAVE any changes made since opening the menu.

How to watch channels after setting up Favorites:

Unfortunately, this is not as easy as most of us would like it to be. It would have been great if the lists Favorite 1 to Favorite 8 get added as new channel bouquets (the menu that appears when we press the OK button in the remote control) once we add channels to them. However, it does not work that way.

So to watch the channels in a Favorite list we have saved, here's what we have to do.

STEPS TO WATCH CHANNELS IN FAVORITE LISTS:
1) Press the FAV button.
2) Use Up/Down arrow buttons to select one of the favorite lists (Favorite 1 to Favorite 8) to which we have added channels.
3) Once we have selected the desired favorite list (for example Favorite 4), then use the Right arrow button to move the control to the Favorite TV channel section.
4) Now we can again use the Up/Down arrow buttons to select one of the channels we had already added to Favorite 4, and then press the OK button to play that channel.

The main disadvantage with this tedious process is that, if we want to go to the next channel under Favorite 4 or any other channel we have saved under Favorite 4, then we have no other choice other than to press the FAV button again and then start over from STEP 1 above! :wall:

Thank you for reading :)

Last edited:
The main disadvantage in this tedious process is that, if we want to go to the next channel under Favorite 4 or any other channel we have saved under Favorite 4, then we have no other choice other than to press the FAV button again and then start over from STEP 1 above! :wall:
No,We Can Easily Navigate To All Favourite Channels With The Help Of Up And Down Or By Using +/- Buttons.

Last edited:
No,We Can Easily Navigate To All Favourite Channels With The Help Of Up And Down Or By Using +/- Buttons.

I don't think so.

My SD STB model is S32100 and my HD STB model is most probably Y Series (It is in my native. So not 100% sure. It does not display HBO HD subtitles. So it is definitely not the older N series).

Are these not the latest STB models offered by Sun Direct?

Once I select a Favorite channel (For example from Favorite 4) and play it, there is no way to right away access the next channel under Favorite 4 using the up/down arrow buttons in my remote control.

If I press up/down arrow buttons when a favorite channel is already playing, it ONLY shows the next/previous channel in the TV ALL list and NOT the next/previous channel in my current favorite list (For example, the next/previous channel under Favorite 4).

Also, the +/- VOL buttons in my remote control only seem to increase/decrease the volume. Did you mean to mention the Channel Up/Down buttons instead?

1) What is your STB model number?
2) Could you please post a video of how you are doing it with your STB?

Thank you for reading :)

Last edited:
@Sivabhaskar Bro, Detailed explanation is good for person who is not known anything of what you are using, and shot explanation will not help and asks repeated questions na..

In My STB,Iam Easily Changing Favourite Channels Like Normal Surfing.

Its 8 Year Old STB..I Will Post Video If Time Permits.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock