Sun Direct General Discussions, Help & Queries

• Thread starter Thread starter Bishnu15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 14,099
  • Views Views: Views 1,408,939
But @SarfaRaZ bro has TS fully implemented it? What about independent TV bro ? Merely updating the website won't do. They must help the customers to migrate.

But @SarfaRaZ bro has TS fully implemented it? What about independent TV bro ? Merely updating the website won't do. They must help the customers to migrate.

Yes tatasky is done from there side, now customers needs to finish there part forgot about Independent tv very few cares!

My Sun Direct validity expires on 01/02/2019. I won't recharge till they apply new rules. I am not willing to pay Rs 154 for just FTA Channels that too when major FTA channels are not present on Sun Direct. I would like to go with Jio TV or else have thought of a new plan.

My Sun Direct validity expires on 01/02/2019. I won't recharge till they apply new rules. I am not willing to pay Rs 154 for just FTA Channels that too when major FTA channels are not present on Sun Direct. I would like to go with Jio TV or else have thought of a new plan.

I have 2 connections, one expiring on 26th Jan and other one on Feb 1st. Chat support says "Do the same recharge and if trai rule comes, you won't be affected". Not sure what to do. May be as Sun expects, it will be postponed.

TRAI has launched 2 web portals:

1) Portal 1 has the following:

a) Channel List of Pay Channels (along with a-lacarte prices of each channel)
b) Channel List of Free Channels
c) List of Bouquets offered by Channel Broadcasters (along with prices of each bouquet)
d) FAQ section about New Tariffs

Portal 1 --> Frequently Asked Questions, Tariff and Related Information for New Regulatory Framework on Broadcasting & Cable Services

2) Portal 2 is a tool (Channel Selector Application), which allows consumers to check the total price after selecting the 100 Channels [ Rs.130 for Free Channels + Pay Channels Cost (Bouquets or a-la-carte) + GST ] and any additional channels (Rs.20 for 25 additional channels). Consumers can select different combination of channels using this tool and see what their final price/month would likely be like.
Note: This tool lists all available satellite channels in India, whereas some channels may not be available on certain DTHs.

Portal 2 --> Telecom Regulatory Authority of India

Let them wait and get penalized from TRAI see latest press release from them, they indirectly came down heavily on tatasky

Are you referring to this? I thought may be it was directed towards Sun Direct :P

" Authority has been receiving hundreds of complaints intimating that one of the DTH (Direct to home) service provider is not providing options to its subscribers to exercise their choices and providing misleading information in regard to implementation of new framework. The Authority has taken up the matter. The said DTH operator has assured in writing that they will be complying with the new regulatory framework and will make the options available for obtaining the consumers choice. The Authority assures all the subscribers that all efforts are being made to ensure that there is no inconvenience or any disruption of TV services due to the migration to the new regulatory regime. "

https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/PRNo0624012019.pdf

Are you referring to this? I thought may be it was directed towards Sun Direct :P

" Authority has been receiving hundreds of complaints intimating that one of the DTH (Direct to home) service provider is not providing options to its subscribers to exercise their choices and providing misleading information in regard to implementation of new framework. The Authority has taken up the matter. The said DTH operator has assured in writing that they will be complying with the new regulatory framework and will make the options available for obtaining the consumers choice. The Authority assures all the subscribers that all efforts are being made to ensure that there is no inconvenience or any disruption of TV services due to the migration to the new regulatory regime. "

No that was surely for tatasky not for sundirect

The way SD backend team is handling things, make me think that still they believe this will be postponed. They just added NCF and Rates on channel just for sake, if SC asks about % of implementation, they can say they did these changes (Even though its just for sake). If they really want to implement, they would have atleast done some homework.

Are you referring to this? I thought may be it was directed towards Sun Direct :p

This pulling up and observation was surely meant by Tata Sky as they were not taking even basic steps for implementing order and giving wrong info to subscribers thru different mediums.

Sun Direct has put some things in order and wauting for the guy who appeared in their "Tan Tana Tan" ads to boost them up for further action. @bishnu bro please help them find his location , i hope he has not been swayed from Tan Tana Tan to Tata and Sun Direct r feeling depressed bcoz of this. You can take help of Daya from CID too for this, he is on a break these days from Sony TV

Back
Top Bottom