Sun HD Channels Adding On 2nd Feb 2014

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 320
  • Views Views: Views 39,471
RE: Sun HD Channels Coming Soon On Videocon

It seems they will add this channel, this Saturday. Because some background process is going on...

Videocon Main Concentration Now On Regional Channels Particularly With Tamil Channels

Vadirocks said:
Videocon Main Concentration Now On Regional Channels Particularly With Tamil Channels

I just spoke with a senior management official of a sports channel whose channel is yet to come on this platform and as I guessed they are facing cash crunch and hence only adding carriage fee paid channels and not channels where they have to pay fees to the broadcaster. Hence, no chance of addition of popular channels in the near future.

ayanc99 said:
I just spoke with a senior management official of a sports channel whose channel is yet to come on this platform and as I guessed they are facing cash crunch and hence only adding carriage fee paid channels and not channels where they have to pay fees to the broadcaster. Hence, no chance of addition of popular channels in the near future.

In this case Sun won't be paying carriage fees to D2H, it would be the opposite way so don't think above argument may be valid

agree with Dinesh, Sun grp never 'gives' anybody, only they 'take' frm others :D

dineshtgs said:
In this case Sun won't be paying carriage fees to D2H, it would be the opposite way so don't think above argument may be valid

Based on my understanding there are 2 types one is carriage fee paid channels and the other is subscriber based paid for channels. Suntv wl be subscriber based and they wl be paid accordingly to volume of customers subscribed to it.:) As for exclusive movie and sports channels still not coming ,it could be that the customer "basement" is weak,maybe they hv more basic subscribers only .:c I stand corrected.;)

Re: Sun HD Channels Coming Soon On Videocon

I means after adding sun hd chs d2h will again will not hav any money to bring hd chs like hbos n ngcs as they also r subscriptn based chs...then we hav to wait for again 2-3 months so that d2h gain money by adding carraige fee ch and earn money for subscriptn based hd chs..

Srajal Ag said:
I means after adding sun hd chs d2h will again will not hav any money to bring hd chs like hbos n ngcs as they also r subscriptn based chs...then we hav to wait for again 2-3 months so that d2h gain money by adding carraige fee ch and earn money for subscriptn based hd chs..

I seriously doubt 3 regional HD channels at one go, that to all subscription based channels ahead of HBOs..

Expecting 1 or atmost 2 ..

I still dont understand that if d2h has cash crunch then why did they pay huge amount to activate 2TPs?? Then they should have waited till they had enougf cash to activate new TPs and also at same time to add most demanded channels. But now since they have already activated and spend huge amount on 2TPs now ithey are adding channels for the name sake and mainly for collecting cash via carriage fees.

kmb1000 said:
I still dont understand that if d2h has cash crunch then why did they pay huge amount to activate 2TPs?? Then they should have waited till they had enougf cash to activate new TPs and also at same time to add most demanded channels. But now since they have already activated and spend huge amount on 2TPs now ithey are adding channels for the name sake and mainly for collecting cash via carriage fees.

They might have paid for tp because the satellite provider would not have hold on to them, there are other buyers also unlike in the case of channels which they can add on whenever they have cash.

Back
Top Bottom