Discussion Tamil Movies of 80s, 90s, 2000s restoration into True 1080p HD

I would consider our South Cinema viewers unlucky as in Bollywood they have more production value and the technology was little ahead.

I feel jealous watching Hindi movie and songs in Ultra, Tips, T series. They have restored all the hit movies and the quality is fantastic, you can call it a near 1080p

Sometime back I remember watching a Song from Hindustani ( Indian) in YT at 4K. Trust me it was fantastic but with poor color grading but the pixel depth was good.
Indian is an Original Tamil movie and nobody bothered to restore it in the Tamil version.

I would consider our South Cinema viewers unlucky as in Bollywood they have more production value and the technology was little ahead.

I feel jealous watching Hindi movie and songs in Ultra, Tips, T series. They have restored all the hit movies and the quality is fantastic, you can call it a near 1080p

Sometime back I remember watching a Song from Hindustani ( Indian) in YT at 4K. Trust me it was fantastic but with poor color grading but the pixel depth was good.
Indian is an Original Tamil movie and nobody bothered to restore it in the Tamil version.
In old production houses only AVM has bothered to restore its prints and as you said Sathya Movies too. Padayappa had a remastered version aired on Amazon which was good. Ayngaran did a good job by procuring rights of some films at least the quality was better

In old production houses only AVM has bothered to restore its prints and as you said Sathya Movies too. Padayappa had a remastered version aired on Amazon which was good. Ayngaran did a good job by procuring rights of some films at least the quality was better

AVM's Minsara kanavu was restored anything more.

AVM's Minsara kanavu was restored anything more.
Minsara Kanavu had a better restoration and actually looks better than it's Hindi dubbed version in terms of print. When the film went back to Sun they aired the remastered version not the original one with Kalaignar TV. Btw Kalaignar restored Aadhavan

Minsara Kanavu had a better restoration and actually looks better than it's Hindi dubbed version in terms of print. When the film went back to Sun they aired the remastered version not the original one with Kalaignar TV. Btw Kalaignar restored Aadhavan
Kalaignar TV should remaster movies like Sivaji:The Boss, Dasavataram, Ajith's Billa and many other good movies.

Kalaignar Tv staying in SD is a bad thing as most of the rights of the hit movies during the 2006-2011 era belongs to them.

Aadhavan movie was a Kalaignar's grandson Udhayanidhi Stalin Red Giant movie production so most probably they have the true source of the movie. And recently they uploaded the 4K version of the movie in their Youtube channel. It looks fine. I don't think they needed to restore anything as they shot it in digital camera.

Sivaji was already remastered when it was released in 3D. Dasavatharam and Billa will get remastered though

Yes, Dasavatharam sure needs a True hd release as the hindi version already has. Billa got a Bluray release.

Most importantly Bheema needs a True hd release, there are a lot of people waiting for that especially for Trisha :love:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock