Discussion Tamil Movies of 80s, 90s, 2000s restoration into True 1080p HD

Kalaignar Tv staying in SD is a bad thing as most of the rights of the hit movies during the 2006-2011 era belongs to them.

Aadhavan movie was a Kalaignar's grandson Udhayanidhi Stalin Red Giant movie production so most probably they have the true source of the movie. And recently they uploaded the 4K version of the movie in their Youtube channel. It looks fine. I don't think they needed to restore anything as they shot it in digital camera.
I think they will launch HD after 2021

AVM's Minsara kanavu was restored anything more.
Avm restored Paayum Puli, Raja Chinna Roja, Parasakthi, Murattu Kaalai Thoongathey Thambi Thoongathey and many of it's older films. Sun aired restored versions for most of these and i too observed the color grading and pixelation was better than Kalaignar

Avm restored Paayum Puli, Raja Chinna Roja, Parasakthi, Murattu Kaalai Thoongathey Thambi Thoongathey and many of it's older films. Sun aired restored versions for most of these and i too observed the color grading and pixelation was better than Kalaignar

Bro, sorry for doubting this but can this be of Sun TVs superior picture clarity in upscaled HD. Please share a screenshot, if you can.

From a production company like AVM don't expect anything less than a True HD restoration than a upscaled SD output. The source for those movies must be secured and safe atleast. I don't think they care anymore and just living with their old movie rights.

They seem to have retired now in big screen as well as small screen.

You normally have a AVM serial in leading TV channels but it is missing now for several years.

They should have been leading in restoring their works but they are interested on it.

Was browsing the internet and found this gem, Ethiree movie by Madhavan, Sadha released in 2004 was actually restored in Full HD. The quality is stunning but it is a Hindi dubbed version minus the Songs. It is available for FREE in B4U YT channel, they are mentioning this as 4K but still will do.
Thinking about the Tamil version, the next best quality is from Sunnetwork and for Home video with Pyramid which can be good enough for a 360p screen quality.

Check the quality.

hJot4IX.jpg

HKjbqYV.jpg

fy1mtex.jpg

1HDsSgy.jpg

Was browsing the internet and found this gem, Ethiree movie by Madhavan, Sadha released in 2004 was actually restored in Full HD. The quality is stunning but it is a Hindi dubbed version minus the Songs. It is available for FREE in B4U YT channel, they are mentioning this as 4K but still will do.
Thinking about the Tamil version, the next best quality is from Sunnetwork and for Home video with Pyramid which can be good enough for a 360p screen quality.

Check the quality.

hJot4IX.jpg

HKjbqYV.jpg

fy1mtex.jpg

1HDsSgy.jpg
Just insert the Tamil audio and boom amazing quality

You were right, sorry for doubting you earlier.

AVM movies in Sunnnetwork has been restored to better clarity and Sun, KTV are using the restored versions of more movies.

SunTv indeed is a pioneer in South, the first to launch HD and now restoring old 80s movies. Very excited.

Some of the caps of these movies which I found online.

FxF34eH.jpg

ZTxdUiX.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock