DTH updates Tata Play Binge+ STB received new software update

• Thread starter Thread starter suryabhai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 68
  • Views Views: Views 6,240
Most of the issues started after A11 upgrade, I wish they could provide downgrade package too

Today I got a call from nodal team completely denying issue on their side, they were asking to book technician visit , charges will apply but even if they are unable to resolve the issue, charges will be deducted..but I clearly said this is software issue not hardware , technician can never resolve it , unnecessarily I will pay 200+ for something which is not a guarantee..I asked them if they wont charge if technician unable to fix but again they denied stating whether they fix or not charges will be deducted 😡

Didn't expect this from tataplay... brand name is gone 👎

Situation felt like they are trying to earn money for their bugs
After I sent mail(I copied, pasted and edited 8 problems listed in the thread) I also got a call from customer care next day. I informed her 8 problems. She said to me that she will convey 8 problems to their technical team. Also I have informed her and in my mail that these 8 problems are one of the main reason for their Rs 353.90 crore loss.

After I sent mail(I copied, pasted and edited 8 problems listed in the thread) I also got a call from customer care next day. I informed her 8 problems. She said to me that she will convey 8 problems to their technical team. Also I have informed her and in my mail that these 8 problems are one of the main reason for their Rs 353.90 crore loss.
I am seriously thinking now to move to other dth , but problem there is not proper fav system in Airtel , same for DishTV .

Last edited by a moderator:
My tv Picture Mode - HDR Calibrated

Contrast : 75

Brightness : 47

Colour : 57

Tint : 0

Sharpness :15

Advanced Settings

Colour Temperature : High

Noise Reduction : low

Digital Noise Reduction : Mediam

HDMI Dynamic Range : Auto

Active Contrast : low

Colour Space : Native

Colour Tuner

White Balance

Gamma : 2.4

Gamma Calibration

RGB Only

Sdr to HDR on
1080p 60hz

Tv
HDR calibrated
Backlight 90
Contrast 90
Brightness 47
Color 55
Sharpness 18
Gamma 2.4

Digital noise reduction high
Color mode :native
Active contrast : off
Flesh tone : brightness -8
Reduce contrast and increase brightness and sharpness. Use 1080p 50hz active contrast : on

Try color temperature low..it will appear yellow but you will get used to it! That yellow is the true picture tone..for instance in real life snow never appears bright bluish, it is dull and yellow

@Navneet_27 hdmi dynamic range option is greyed out for me, I always wonder in which condition it will get activated. Anyone any idea?
@Mr.Bhat since you are expert in video and audio, do you know?

Try color temperature low..it will appear yellow but you will get used to it! That yellow is the true picture tone..for instance in real life snow never appears bright bluish, it is dull and yellow

@Navneet_27 hdmi dynamic range option is greyed out for me, I always wonder in which condition it will get activated. Anyone any idea?
@Mr.Bhat since you are expert in video and audio, do you know?
I am not an expert in any means..knows a bit..

AFAIK HDR makes lot of differance in PQ...that too upscaling(artificially )from SDR to HDR makes some unwanted things...
U can keep Auto ,reduce saturation to 30-40,reduce contrast to 60-70,set colour to Standard if avail...don't reduce sharpness... blacklight to 95-100 according to ur comfort ...

Back
Top Bottom