DTH updates Tata Play discontinuing SMS service to 56633

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 37
  • Views: Views 4,185
They are streamlining their services it seems. They are trying to get rid of the legacy systems. It's expected also, as the cost of keeping legacy services active is huge.
Nothing wrong with that. But they need to have other alternatives. Customer support needs to help customers without internet to drop single channels.

Nothing wrong with that. But they need to have other alternatives. Customer support needs to help customers without internet to drop single channels.

To drop a channel SMS "Drop <channel number) to 18002086633. This is applicable for whatsapp but u can try thru SMS mode too

I am sure Tata Play would be providing some missed call number too for the same.

I am sure Tata Play would be providing some missed call number too for the same.
No, they won't, it's bad for business. Subscribing should be as easy as possible, dropping subscription not so much, hence you can't drop using missed call numbers. Anyway customer satisfaction and premium, flawless services are not their motto anymore so they don't care

No, they won't, it's bad for business. Subscribing should be as easy as possible, dropping subscription not so much, hence you can't drop using missed call numbers. Anyway customer satisfaction and premium, flawless services are not their motto anymore so they don't care

Abhinav da then even providing channel unsubscribe option via WhatsApp can be considered detrimental to their business. This cannot be the reason. Some other operators do provide option to unubscribe channels via missed call. If a company cannot provide easy options for basic services then it adversely impacts customer satisfaction which is much more damaging to the business.
I still believe Tata Play provides overall good service quality. Every company has shortcomings, if subscribers provide feedback same r looked into and improvements r done by the company.

I again feel Tata Play needs to find more sources to earn revenue like adding nore home channels and playing teleshopping ads on them and even add more carriage fee channels. They need to shed this premium tag and be a company which equally caters to all audience. I do not think adding such home channels or playing ads on app will cause any negative impact and no one is gonna complaint about it. It is better to earn revenue like this rather than passing on financial burden to subscribers or finding ways for cost cutting which cause downfall in quality of services :)

Abhinav da then even providing channel unsubscribe option via WhatsApp can be considered detrimental to their business. This cannot be the reason. Some other operators do provide option to unubscribe channels via missed call. If a company cannot provide easy options for basic services then it adversely impacts customer satisfaction which is much more damaging to the business.
I still believe Tata Play provides overall good service quality.
What @Abhinav bro said is actually true. There are still a lot , a lot of subscribers are there in rural areas who do not use smartphones. India is still have a huge legacy of 2G customers. They do recharge their DTH accounts from shops and have basic keypad phones. Dropping a channel through Whatsapp is not a viable option for them.
I live around 10kms away from Kolkata, the place is well developed. Still I see, many people, specially elderly people come to the local recharge shop for recharge, package modification for various DPOs. That guy does it from his lappy.
There is no doubt about it that Tata Play provides good after sales service , but getting rid of the offline systems entirely is still a distant dream.

What @Abhinav bro said is actually true. There are still a lot , a lot of subscribers are there in rural areas who do not use smartphones. India is still have a huge legacy of 2G customers. They do recharge their DTH accounts from shops and have basic keypad phones. Dropping a channel through Whatsapp is not a viable option for them.
I live around 10kms away from Kolkata, the place is well developed. Still I see, many people, specially elderly people come to the local recharge shop for recharge, package modification for various DPOs. That guy does it from his lappy.
There is no doubt about it that Tata Play provides good after sales service , but getting rid of the offline systems entirely is still a distant dream.
Even those non tech savvy users with smartphones shows up at recharge shops to get channels added. IMO they do nothing to educate users on how to add channels. That home channel can be used to show tutorial sometimes. It has just become a billboard for ads.

Yes dada, which is why i stated that unsubscribe channel option can be provided via missed call. Also i believe they have enabled 18002086633 for sms too and this would not cost anything...just sms "Home" to this number to get started. I also do know that large number of people still use basic phones, have limited access to internet and many are not tech savvy to understand how to use service support option provided by app or whatsapp.

They r not getting rid of SMS system but just that number has changed from 56633 to 18002086633. Offline and basic sms, call option is necessary and will continue... Operators cannot stop providing service support via it

I don't think so bro, ofcourse Tataplay is not like few years back but in my opinion they are going to solve those mistakes.... Actually they are doing it... Reintroduced visiting charges so, that they can provide good service surely it is a mistake free visiting it is not worked so they changed that...
And even they are calling if we gave low ratings feedback and asking us what the problem... They will slowly solve those mistakes...
And not providing sms service is not a big issue in 2022...
Ofcourse, every operator wants subscriptions... and not dropping of channels.. And still it is easy we can use WhatsApp I don't think they are lot of customers who don't have WhatsApp Atleast in 2022....
Ofcourse there are some people left... But for providing service for few subs. Any business entity can't simply put efforts and money... Everybody needs to evolve with time... We can't change that.... But still Tataplay is providing easy pack changes and all...

Yes dada, which is why i stated that unsubscribe channel option can be provided via missed call. Also i believe they have enabled 18002086633 for sms too and this would not cost anything...just sms "Home" to this number to get started. I also do know that large number of people still use basic phones, have limited access to internet and many are not tech savvy to understand how to use service support option provided by app or whatsapp.

They r not getting rid of SMS system but just that number has changed from 56633 to 18002086633. Offline and basic sms, call option is necessary and will continue... Operators cannot stop providing service support via it
The messages to that number are not being sent, it is either a premium number that charges Rs 1 or more per SMS or that facility does not exist.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock