DTH updates Tata Play discontinuing SMS service to 56633

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 37
  • Views: Views 4,166
The messages to that number are not being sent, it is either a premium number that charges Rs 1 or more per SMS or that facility does not exist.
It's free on Jio. On other operators like Vi service SMS like this cost Rs. 3 per SMS. Same is applicable even on unlimited plans.
OSAjvGN.jpg

What @Abhinav bro said is actually true. There are still a lot , a lot of subscribers are there in rural areas who do not use smartphones. India is still have a huge legacy of 2G customers. They do recharge their DTH accounts from shops and have basic keypad phones. Dropping a channel through Whatsapp is not a viable option for them.
I live around 10kms away from Kolkata, the place is well developed. Still I see, many people, specially elderly people come to the local recharge shop for recharge, package modification for various DPOs. That guy does it from his lappy.
There is no doubt about it that Tata Play provides good after sales service , but getting rid of the offline systems entirely is still a distant dream.
Yeah, take Jingalala offers for example. Earlier we used to get SMS reminder to drop the pack after completion of 1 month, now they never notify and you also can't drop it before due date without contacting customer service.

The messages to that number are not being sent, it is either a premium number that charges Rs 1 or more per SMS or that facility does not exist.

May services to this number still not enabled on some mobile service providers...wait a little it may soon be accessible to all

What Tata Play should immediately consider discontinuing is "+1 HD channels " which i believe are not of any use more so in Hindi GEC and Movie genre where content gets repeated way too often. Instead Tata Play should unable USB Recording and Push VoD content system on SD and HD boxes so that those not having access to internet can watch their favorite content by recording it or access it thru Push VoD library

What Tata Play should immediately consider discontinuing is "+1 HD channels " which i believe are not of any use more so in Hindi GEC and Movie genre where content gets repeated way too often. Instead Tata Play should unable USB Recording and Push VoD content system on SD and HD boxes so that those not having access to internet can watch their favorite content by recording it or access it thru Push VoD library
No bro, discontinuing +1 HD channels will be a wrong decision because this is being used by many, including me. I always switch to +1 channels when i miss any movie or GEC show.

No bro, discontinuing +1 HD channels will be a wrong decision because this is being used by many, including me. I always switch to +1 channels when i miss any movie or GEC show.

USB Recording and Push VoD is best alternative rather than wasting bandwidth on duplicate timeshift version of the same channels. Push VoD does not require internet, Tata Play can send content over the air to the USB or Hard Drive connected to ur box and thru USB Recording customer can themselves record their favorite content.

+1 channels are suited for IPTV where bandwidth is not a constraint and thru servers content can easily be accessed.

Those having internet access and watch popular content for for free via OTT on any device. Infact Tata Play can even provide internet/Wi Fi access on HD box via USB dongle. Airtel Digital TV provides this feature on the HD boxes.

I again state thru +1 HD channels Tata Play is not making optimum use of precious bandwidth . Also GEC and Movies r often repeated across these channels

USB Recording and Push VoD is best alternative rather than wasting bandwidth on duplicate timeshift version of the same channels. Push VoD does not require internet, Tata Play can send content over the air to the USB or Hard Drive connected to ur box and thru USB Recording customer can themselves record their favorite content.

+1 channels are suited for IPTV where bandwidth is not a constraint and thru servers content can easily be accessed.

Those having internet access and watch popular content for for free via OTT on any device. Infact Tata Play can even provide internet/Wi Fi access on HD box via USB dongle. Airtel Digital TV provides this feature on the HD boxes.
They won't provide either of them. Push VOD was available earlier but got discontinued in favour of Binge Box, similarly Tata Play never provided USB recording even when the boxes are capable just to push it's HD+ set top box.

They won't provide either of them. Push VOD was available earlier but got discontinued in favour of Binge Box, similarly Tata Play never provided USB recording even when the boxes are capable just to push it's HD+ set top box.

I know that bhai which is why i said that Tata Play is adopting a wrong strategy for a right cause. When bandwidth is anyways a precious commodity, it should be used in best possible manner rather than adding channels whose purpose can b served by alternate ways.

They should enable option like USB Recording , Push VoD so that regular subscribers can access their favorite content anytime without need of internet/OTT or buying expensive boxes like HD+ DVR

Last edited:
Another way which Tata Play can consider to save money is to not continue with big budget tie ups they do with various celebs for their service promotions. For example they could have promoted the Videshi Kahaaniyaan service with a normal promo but instead they got a famous celeb onboard to endorse and created a brand film for the same. Such additional expenses should be avoided and Tata Play does far too many such brand films or tie ups

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock