DTH updates Tata Play discontinuing SMS service to 56633

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 37
  • Views: Views 4,097
Another way which Tata Play can consider to save money is to not continue with big budget tie ups they do with various celebs for their service promotions. For example they could have promoted the Videshi Kahaaniyaan service with a normal promo but instead they got a famous celeb onboard to endorse and created a brand film for the same. Such additional expenses should be avoided and Tata Play does far too many such brand films or tie ups
No one would buy without proper promotion. They sign some popular tv actors over big celebrities.

They won't provide either of them. Push VOD was available earlier but got discontinued in favour of Binge Box, similarly Tata Play never provided USB recording even when the boxes are capable just to push it's HD+ set top box.
To be fair poor quality external storage can cause problem to the box. This is why even Apple doesn't provide SD card slots for iPhone.

To be fair poor quality external storage can cause problem to the box. This is why even Apple doesn't provide SD card slots for iPhone.

Buddy for that operators already have strict rules in place as to which kind of USB or Hard Drives can be connected to STB for recording purpose. They have even made it mandatory to format the USB once it is connected to box. Security Steps can further be strengthened to avoid issues.

This cannot be a reason to not enable this feature on operator set top boxes as all things has issues/problems involved and same should be addressed in best possible manner

No one would buy without proper promotion. They sign some popular tv actors over big celebrities.

Buddy promotions can happen without big budget spends on celeb tie ups too specially for service channels. All other operators do big scale regular promotions of service channels , Tata Play can also do the same. Unnecessary expenses should be avoided rather all that money should be spent on important things to serve the customers properly

Buddy for that operators already have strict rules in place as to which kind of USB or Hard Drives can be connected to STB for recording purpose. They have even made it mandatory to format the USB once it is connected to box. Security Steps can further be strengthened to avoid issues.

This cannot be a reason to not enable this feature on operator set top boxes as all things has issues/problems involved and same should be addressed in best possible manner
Like how many people can't be expected to follows the rules of acquiring high end pendrives or format it. That is why they sell recording boxes with hard drives.
Buddy promotions can happen without big budget spends on celeb tie ups too specially for service channels. All other operators do big scale regular promotions of service channels , Tata Play can also do the same. Unnecessary expenses should be avoided rather all that money should be spent on important things to serve the customers properly
But promotion is important. You highlighted couple of days back. Also celebrity promotion is done when a new channel is started. After that they air promos only.

I don't care about celebrities at all, but quality of ads are really important, take the money saved from hiring big names and use it in improving the ads. Old Tata Sky ads were just perfect, now even with celebrities they aren't good. Here is an example of what I am referring to, it's from 2016 -

Source

Like how many people can't be expected to follows the rules of acquiring high end pendrives or format it. That is why they sell recording boxes with hard drives.

But promotion is important. You highlighted couple of days back. Also celebrity promotion is done when a new channel is started. After that they air promos only.

People may not follow rules all the time but box itself won't allow using USB / Hard Drive which aren't compatible to required standards.

No buddy. Still Tata Play Videshi Kahaaniyan Promo feature the celeb as these would be long term agreement done for endorsing a service. Similar promotion on Air for Seniors TV service channel. Promotions r important but a company should avoid excessive spending on making internal promos

I don't care about celebrities at all, but quality of ads are really important, take the money saved from hiring big names and use it in improving the ads. Old Tata Sky ads were just perfect, now even with celebrities they aren't good. Here is an example of what I am referring to, it's from 2016 -

Source

On That i agree with u 100% bhai. But in such cases too, ads like Prison Break promotion of Tata Sky is which i consider non essential spending

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock