Tata Play revised its packages; price hike for some packs

• Thread starter Thread starter Shark
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 35
  • Views Views: Views 4,074
Bhai for me its not possible currently because on April end I've already taken Jio AirFibre connection for broadband n OTT Apps use on Jio STB. Currently Till December I've its subscription. On January i may think about ADTV if Jio IPTV is not launched.
Till that time Airtel might also have launched IPTV service / Internet Based Channels (Regular Satellite + Server Based Local Regional/Devotional +International Channels) on XStream Box / XStream Play Android TV App / XStream Play Mobile App / Web platform .... Already as per information i have testing is ongoing and some Live TV Channels added on XStream Play Android / IOS Mobile App

@SarFa and @HappySoul bro u can consider shifting to Airtel Digital TV, use the same dish / ODU which shall get u Rs. 600 discount too for new connection or incase of Secondary STB (if u already have one Airtel Connection) u will also get discounts + free subscription benefits
I loved Airtel picture quality but 2 things are missing- fav system with dedicated lcns and mtv beats hd

I loved Airtel picture quality but 2 things are missing- fav system with dedicated lcns and mtv beats hd

Hopefully soon Airtel Digital TV will include MTV Beats HD, MTV HD, Vh1 HD, CNBC TV18 HD and few other pending channels..... Also dedicated LCN for favorite channels also likely to introduced post LCN Realignment

Hopefully soon Airtel Digital TV will include MTV Beats HD, MTV HD, Vh1 HD, CNBC TV18 HD and few other pending channels..... Also dedicated LCN for favorite channels also likely to introduced post LCN Realignment
Bro I keep on hearing that since years but nothing happening...anyway you have time till end of sep, let's see 😈

Btw just curious why Airtel airfibre not available all over india? Atleast they could launch in cities and towns where Airtel 5g is there

Just my personal opinion-

I feel the way these broadband/wireless service with ott is growing at a fast pace but the dth are still stuck with old technologies, infra, software etc due to which many people are migrating to ott not only because of the innovation and ease but also because dth service is same since years , they are not even trying to enhance their services or retain customers. Take for example, pack prices, instead of reducing the ncf to retain customers they have increased it to compete with other dth and not with fibres .I don't understand why ncf is high, when sun Direct ncf is just ₹60 why Airtel and tp , charging ₹153? What are they proud of?.so if someone is getting all the services around ₹700 why would he/she will pay ₹300+ just for dth with inferior hardware and softwares...here also one best example is while jio stb has 2g ram and 32gb storage , Airtel and tata is still stuck with 2+8 which is very less as per today's standards and their software takes really long time to bootup (compared to smarttv os) here instead of fixing the issues they are now focussing on ott which ironically lags and hangs because of the first issue!

If people remember back in cable days we had few channels only (<100) and it was very easy to access , dth can provide the same experience by easily implementing fav from lcn number 1-99 but in every dth they are making it complicated, not sure about the reason...So if a customer has to pay more and again access channels with some efforts and struggle, why should not he/she choose fibre connection over dth?

So if today dth is in loss, it's all because of their negligence of customers requirements and their ego..I feel dth era will be over soon!

Just my personal opinion-

I feel the way these broadband/wireless service with ott is growing at a fast pace but the dth are still stuck with old technologies, infra, software etc due to which many people are migrating to ott not only because of the innovation and ease but also because dth service is same since years , they are not even trying to enhance their services or retain customers. Take for example, pack prices, instead of reducing the ncf to retain customers they have increased it to compete with other dth and not with fibres .I don't understand why ncf is high, when sun Direct ncf is just ₹60 why Airtel and tp , charging ₹153? What are they proud of?.so if someone is getting all the services around ₹700 why would he/she will pay ₹300+ just for dth with inferior hardware and softwares...here also one best example is while jio stb has 2g ram and 32gb storage , Airtel and tata is still stuck with 2+8 which is very less as per today's standards and their software takes really long time to bootup (compared to smarttv os) here instead of fixing the issues they are now focussing on ott which ironically lags and hangs because of the first issue!

If people remember back in cable days we had few channels only (<100) and it was very easy to access , dth can provide the same experience by easily implementing fav from lcn number 1-99 but in every dth they are making it complicated, not sure about the reason...So if a customer has to pay more and again access channels with some efforts and struggle, why should not he/she choose fibre connection over dth?

So if today dth is in loss, it's all because of their negligence of customers requirements and their ego..I feel dth era will be over soon!
The answer lies there itself

The cost incurred on running and maintaining DTH service is more as compared to other modes of service.

Thats the reason service costs is high.

At the same time it's not good to have a monopoly in any industry.

At first they keep the prices low to attract customers and then once the competition is less, the prices will be back to normal.

But still bro if sun Direct can provide ₹60 ncf why not Airtel or tata play or dish/d2h? Atleast for airtel/sun/dish, they launched long term fta pack too but nothing in tata play

Bro I keep on hearing that since years but nothing happening...anyway you have time till end of sep, let's see 😈

Btw just curious why Airtel airfibre not available all over india? Atleast they could launch in cities and towns where Airtel 5g is there

Difficult to expand fiber network all through the country, no operators can do bcoz of various issues ....therefore they have launched Air Fiber for such areas where broadband service via optical fiber cannot reach.

Back
Top Bottom