Sad News Tata Play Scam! Careful!

This is the reason I don't like tata play. I removed my all 4 connection and also all my relatives. Total 20 tv shifted from tata play to Airtel and I am very happy as I am feeling very lucky also as Airtel gives me all OTT free from last many years.

Do you think these companies will respect trai anymore ?? I don't think so ex) MNP sms 1900
That is true. They never take concrete action against big corporations. Forget MNP. SMS is required for UPI verification. Yet, they have plans in the market without SMS. This is Digital India going forward.

Introduction of Second time explicit request for activation of VAS stopped misuse by telecoms, it should be introduced for DTH too

This is a must to prevent accidental OTT or Service activation through Binge plus box or Tatasky App by old persons or kids or even normal persons

Rule for Telecom
Telecom regulator TRAI on Monday directed the operators to see explicit consent from users who have subscribed value added services (VAS) such as call ring back tone and hello tunes through writing for preventing accidental activation of such services.

The Authority is of the view that there could be chances of accidental activation of VAS through this (pressing of a key to express consent) method. Operators will now have to convey to the customer in writing or through SMS or FAX or e-mai ..

Read more at:
TRAI asks telcos to take written consent of users on VAS

Last edited:
I recognise him. He is a Tata Sky hater. 🤫 Unless I see invoices of all the connections he said. I don't believe him one bit.
I am not a hater and no need to prove my self for any body. I don't like tata play since they implement ncf rule. Only dth who don't provide economical dth packs like Airtel (UDP, superstar, dabang etc) and also provide maximum free preview and even dish d2h and SD also giving lots of economical packs( you can check) I have a very good relations with my neighbours and relatives/friends so I am the only person to suggest the dth. So 20 is just the numbers, if I calculate than it will more than that. I also had 4 connection of tata sky in past and still deactivate from very long. Every one wants to save money so I just suggest them.

Sad to hear your experience @ranjithsmail. 😟 Thanks for taking your time and making the fellow community members aware of this kind of scam.

Similar fraud experience as the OP I was also going to have during availing my free LNB upgrade offer. But due to my conscience I got saved from any loss.

Long story short:
Once the work order was completed and LNB was replaced, technician gone from my home, one lady from local Tata Play office called me and said that she has sent an OTP to my mobile number and asked me to share that.

As soon as I read that SMS, I learnt that she was trying to activate some Adbhut Kahaniyan pack on my connection. I clearly said her, I don't need this pack activation on my connection. She kept insisting me that because my LNB was replaced for free, I should activate the pack (maybe she wanted a treat from my side for the free replacement? 😜).

After 4-5 days of daily calls she finally gave up.

Here if you realize, Tata Play itself is not doing the fraud. The people managing the subscriber work orders are doing it for their benefits/extra earnings, but surely that is also creating a very bad reputation for overall Tata Play brand.

I think because the issue has been highlighted on our community forums now, Tata Play will instruct their ground team to not do it in the future.

I am not a hater and no need to prove my self for any body. I don't like tata play since they implement ncf rule. Only dth who don't provide economical dth packs like Airtel (UDP, superstar, dabang etc) and also provide maximum free preview and even dish d2h and SD also giving lots of economical packs( you can check) I have a very good relations with my neighbours and relatives/friends so I am the only person to suggest the dth. So 20 is just the numbers, if I calculate than it will more than that. I also had 4 connection of tata sky in past and still deactivate from very long. Every one wants to save money so I just suggest them.
Forgive him bro but I'm very grateful to you if you reply to my post #13 🙂

Here if you realize, Tata Play itself is not doing the fraud. The people managing the subscriber work orders are doing it for their benefits/extra earnings, but surely that is also creating a very bad reputation for overall Tata Play brand.
So if that's a case Adtv is also not having any part on such actions all coz of marketing person work 🤔🤔

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock