Breaking Tata Sky applying new TRAI tariff order in website

• Thread starter N.K raj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,184
  • Views: Views 169,701
I think tatasky has made compulsory FTA pack which is shown under the name of DD + complimentary pack. This pack contains 100 sd channels with mandatory NCF of 153 rs. If we want to add further free channels then it will come under additional NCF slab. This is my understanding now after doing some trials.

If you make 100 pay chs + DD or FTA. they are charging NCF of 153. No other NCF slab. But if you choose 120 pay chs + DD or FTA then NCF is 153+23

Tata Sky can not force subscribers to pay for FTA channel,just complain to Trai on twitter handle with screen shot of subscription page so that they will fall in line,they can force only mandatory 26 DD channels
My concern here was above people have been saying tatasky provides free channels without NCF.. It is not at all the case here. They have created a compulsory pack and further inclusion of fta channels will come under additional ncf slab. Tatasky has just made a trick here to gain more thru ncf

Tata Sky can not force subscribers to pay for FTA channel,just complain to Trai on twitter handle with screen shot of subscription page so that they will fall in line,they can force only mandatory 26 DD channels

They are not charging anything.

TRAI rules say u need to pay Rs 153 mandatory for 100 SD channel be it FTA or Pay. Plus Pay channel prices

TS is giving 190 FTA channels including DD channels for free, and is charging Rs 153 for 100 channels of Ur choice

where is ts forcing ?

They are not charging anything.

TRAI rules say u need to pay Rs 153 mandatory for 100 SD channel be it FTA or Pay. Plus Pay channel prices

TS is giving 190 FTA channels including DD channels for free, and is charging Rs 153 for 100 channels of Ur choice
If this is case then it is ok

where is ts forcing ?
Let's say I want to watch 20 pay channels...in other DTH there is option to drop 20 FTA channels and add 20 pay channels you won't be paying extra ncf ...here tatasky is forcing to take all FTA channels @153 ...additional ncf applicable for rest 20 channels
No option to replace FTA channel with pay channel to save ncf...this is against trai rule

Let's say I want to watch 20 pay channels...in other DTH there is option to drop 20 FTA channels and add 20 pay channels you won't be paying extra ncf ...here tatasky is forcing to take all FTA channels @153 ...additional ncf applicable for rest 20 channels
No option to replace FTA channel with pay channel to save ncf...this is against trai rule

U got it all wrong

You did not understand TS NCF policy. In TS don't count FTA chs/DD in NCF quota of 100 chs. SO for 20 pay chs your NCF will be 153 + you will get all DD +All FTA chs of TS.

But lets say you choose 90 Pay chs then also your NCF will be 153+ you will get DD+ FTA chs. Point to note is that total ch count is greater than 100 if you choose 90 pay +25 DD+ FTA. Still NCF is 153

Last edited:
Tatasky also given same formula as u subscribe channels ala price

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock