Breaking Tata Sky Changing LCN Of All Channels In Phased Manner!

It's ridiculous. I don't see why Tata Sky can't change LCNs on a single day. They have the capability and they don't care about the irks they cause to the customers too. Yet they decided to complete over several weeks. I have 50 channels with a combination of Regional, Lifestyle and Devotional... Now I have to wait for several weeks. I couldn't figure out any one good reason for this phased approach.

It's ridiculous. I don't see why Tata Sky can't change LCNs on a single day. They have the capability and they don't care about the irks they cause to the customers too. Yet they decided to complete over several weeks. I have 50 channels with a combination of Regional, Lifestyle and Devotional... Now I have to wait for several weeks. I couldn't figure out any one good reason for this phased approach.
This is not like changing brand name in one day, from vodafone-idea to V!

So all TATA sky or any other will choose phasewise update,

Reason is very simple Psychology of human .
1) sudden change may irritate all india at once
2) dealer/ customer care frustrated.
3) Techical team may get stressed.
4) broadcaster will repeatedly ask their viewers about change.

Biggest pain is only those who used favourites extensively. for which tata sky muct be reasonable and allow 1-49 as favourites.
in olden days when there was no STB, we were happy with 1- or 2 digit cahnnel number from TV on analog cable. this digitization forces us to remember upto 4 digit channel number is big DRAWBACK.

Whats to say. Customers pain is Companies gain. thats how business across world runs for profit.

This is not like changing brand name in one day, from vodafone-idea to V!

So all TATA sky or any other will choose phasewise update,

Reason is very simple Psychology of human .
1) sudden change may irritate all india at once
2) dealer/ customer care frustrated.
3) Techical team may get stressed.
4) broadcaster will repeatedly ask their viewers about change.

Biggest pain is only those who used favourites extensively. for which tata sky muct be reasonable and allow 1-49 as favourites.
in olden days when there was no STB, we were happy with 1- or 2 digit cahnnel number from TV on analog cable. this digitization forces us to remember upto 4 digit channel number is big DRAWBACK.

Whats to say. Customers pain is Companies gain. thats how business across world runs for profit.
LOL. Your example is seriously ridiculous. Name can be done overnight? Changing logo, app website there are a lot of things.

You may have to check how airtel did LCN realignment on a single day with lot of preparations, announcements etc. All your points are not at all the reasons for Tata Sky. Remember how they used to remove Channels overnight when they don't agree on RIO.

Alignment Of Channels In Respective Genres!

Generate Revenue By Allocating Top LCNs To Big Broadcasters;
Viewers like us means have some knowledge will go to add in favourite channels...This will help to remember too....No one watch channels more than 50 in a day as I presume....This makes no benefits to big players to give top LCN ...maybe in contracts. And get them....Even if they change lcn then only confusion for users for many weeks..becoz they r already addicted to the same numbers...Now people who doesn't watch forums ordinary users should have difficulties to find their channels ....Really painfull for lacs of users...

Last edited:
Viewers like us means have some knowledge will go to add in favourite channels...This will help to remember too....No one watch channels more than 50 in a day as I presume....This makes no benefits to big players to give top LCN ...maybe in contracts. And get them....Even if they change lcn then only confusion for users for many weeks..becoz they r already addicted to the same numbers...Now people who doesn't watch forums ordinary users should have difficulties to find their channels ....Really painfull for lacs of users...

I Have A Niece, Aged 12 Years

Usually We Fight To Watch Channels, She Addicted To KTV But I Love Music Channels

Yesterday She Couldn't Find KTV, Looks Like She Tried Checking Till Isaiaruvi

Later She Thought I Did Something And Hide KTV And Complained To Her Grand Father

Later I Have To Explain Them All These LCN Changes

- These Are The So Far Headaches, Let's See How Its Going

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock