Tata Sky launches new set-top box with a Wi-Fi dongle

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 7,941
Sounds great! I would probably buy this by the end of the month. Would be good to have a review here if someone is upgrading :)

At that price they should have included 1 TB HDD, 4 active tuners with single wire as well as 4K capability and recording, not to mention inbuilt WiFi instead of separate dongle.

jdrocks said:
At that price they should have included 1 TB HDD, 4 active tuners with single wire as well as 4K capability and recording, not to mention inbuilt WiFi instead of separate dongle.

I think its too much :p

For this price the STB must include at least in-built Wi-Fi instead of an external dongle and 1TB HDD.

Also thats a pity that they didnt activate 3rd tuner which was the only useful and exclusive feature of this new STB.

Rushil.D said:
I think its too much :p

What is too much? OK I reduce the 4 tuners to 3 active tuners. :d

4K recording should have been there.

Good news for ts user's, adtv first launched wifi dongle support stb,now ts,may be d2h is next;)

Vicky said:
adtv first launched wifi dongle support stb,now ts,may be d2h is next;)

Bro I think Tata sky first launched this is new STB only as wifi dongle is already supported in all TS + HD stbs from years :k :shy

Features of ‘Tata Sky+ Transfer’:

Recorded Content transfer: This feature allows any recorded content on ‘Tata Sky+ Transfer’ set top box to be transferred and consumed on companion devices such as smart phones & tablets and viewed on the go. The Tata Sky+ Transfer box comes with a Wi-Fi dongle. Content can be streamed from the Tata Sky+ Transfer (STB) to the smartphones over Wi-Fi network that connects the two.

No internet is required as no data is used while transferring and streaming of video; it only requires a local Wi-Fi connection.

Subscribers can either ‘Watch Now’ or ‘Transfer’ and view the recorded content anytime of place later in time on their smartphones.

Some additional features on the Tata Sky Mobile App:

Tata Sky On-Demand: This feature allows Subscribers to watch previous 5 days episodes of their favourite shows

Everywhere (Live) TV: Subscribers will be able to view live streaming of their favourite shows on close to 80 TV channels and also set reminders for the shows they want to catch

Remote Record: Tata Sky subscribers can give a command to record their desired program by being anywhere outside their homes, through their smartphone, which the STB at home will execute. Once recorded, it can be viewed on the STB or transferred to view outside

Carry your recorded television content with Tata Sky+ ‘Transfer’ | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Gssran said:
no bro, becoz I am mostly at home, so why to waste money just for transfer feature,
Will think when they activate 3rd tuner.

Bro what means of 3rd tuner ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock