Breaking Tata Sky Rebranding As Tata Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what it is about since the last month. Also, shared it with some of our forum team members but will wait 🤫 until Vadi bro shares it publicly at DDF. Keep your excitement levels very high, guys. :)
Tata is dropping Sky branding? Nothing could be bigger than that.

🤝 I can confirm this news as I also got to know about this, last month from my source. The reason behind the rename is being speculated due to the separation from Sky UK brand.

Tata Sky is currently taking orders of new posters/banners for DTH shops from what I heard.
weird name, like video game name

This is a really bad decision. Currently the Sky branding with the gradient-coloured letters and Sky’s corporate font looks extremely professional and Indians are now accustomed to it. It should have been obvious for Tata and Disney-Star to licence the rights to the Sky brand, but I am not confident that the new brand will have such a premium international feel.

About time, iirc Disney has until the end of this year to get rid of all old News Corp. branding everywhere but the new name is so generic and uncreative. Tataplay? What about Tatatel or Tatasat? Or a whole new brand like Tatastar or Tatasphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock