Tata Sky to reply to MIB’s showcause notice

• Thread starter Rushil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 3,063
Nice reply by TS...But interesting to see whether MIB listens to this or penalise TS for not adding channels.
New DD channels were launched considering upcoming elections so govt may not be in mood to listen to such arguments & blackmailing by TS CEO Harit Nagpal.

Rushil.D said:
Bro Tata Sky Definetely Add New Channels See Mpeg 4 Migration Is Started Form LAst Year 2013 in June And In Six Months They Add 30 Sd And 5 HD Channels We Aspect In This Year 60SD And 10 HD Channels

Migration Speed Depends On Changing Of Boxes Now Migration Speed is Increase In These Days

Let's hope that happens. But fact is even though all South region and Bengali / Odia channels have been migrated, very few new channels have been added for these regions except Malayalam channels (original count for which was very low before migration). TS started migration at a very fast pace of 2 channels per day when they were doing South channels. Current speed is only a fraction of that.

Importantly if TS wants to prove the point to MIB that they don't have TP space, they cannot jeopardise that point by adding other channels en masse.

The tactic is to put pressure on MIB to get the TPs from GSAT ASAP, but it may mean TS will go slow on other channel addition as well.

Situation is becoming uncertain!

Dont think MIB officials/Trai doesn't know anything about migration & available TP space with TS. Trai/govt definitely knows many more things than what is available in public domain.
So arguments for TP space are nice from TS CEO Harit Nagpal's blackmailing point of view but it may not hold much air considering present scenario & time for upcoming elections.
Current govt is under pressure to showcase its achievement to public so international consultants & media managers of ruling party will never allow govt to let TS go with such arguments.

Yes I agree with you NinadG bro...!!

I agree. We might soon see the remaining DD channels on TS. Let's hope they don't waste the hard earned space by adding these in mpeg2 like the other DD channels.

TS can migrate all remaining DD channels on their platform to mpeg4 & make way for new DD channels.

NinadG said:
TS can migrate all remaining DD channels on their platform to mpeg4 & make way for new DD channels.

I think they will wait till the end after all other genres are migrated before migrating DD channels. They might run into problems with MIB if customers with non-migrated STBs are not able to watch DD channels.

TS can easily create TP space for new DD channels by migrating existing pvt channels or can easily accommodate DD channels on available TP space.
TS should not run into such arguments considering fact that its more or less a foreign entity & that they have somehow maintained relationship with govt for so many years.
Such language & arguments by TS CEO Harit Nagpal for blackmailing MIB/govt will deteriorate relationship with govt.
Afterall its just a matter of few DD channels....

May be useful for Govt as general election is coming and government want to advertise it's success through prasar bharati i.e. DD channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock