Tata Sky to roll out Technicolor 4K boxes next year

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 82
  • Views: Views 9,401
Tata Sky is HD Market Leader :eek:hya

Technicolor announces an agreement with Tata Sky, India’s leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader, to provide 4K Set Top Boxes in volume early 2015. The Technicolor product is the first 4K Set Top Box to be shipped in volume and underscores Technicolor’s leadership in delivering content with the highest image quality.

Newswire & Press Release / Technicolor Announces 4K Set Top Box Deal with Tata Sky - Software - Technicolor | NewswireToday

dipayan said:
Do u think that sony would launch Fifa 4K feed only for few thousand Tatasky subscribers ?

As I have said before, no 4K infrastructure so no 4K feed of WC. But it would have been the ideal launch pad for 4K. Worldwide also this is being used as a launch pad for 4K tech. 4K is a very niche product worldwide now because of high costs of hardware and events such as the FIFA WC are required to give it a big push to bring it into the mainstream.

Sony, Samsung, LG, etc. sell their 4K TVs in India, don't they? And as per your thread TS is going for bulk ordering of 4K STBs. All these investments would require a good push to generate off take. What better push than such an event having crazy fan following worldwide?

It is also an ideal event to demonstrate the technology and generate customer interest. Only 3 WC matches including the final are being produced in 4K to demonstrate the technology.

When Discovery and NGC channels launched their HD feeds in India, how many HD subscribers were there? Zero. I think no DTH had yet launched their HD STBs at that time. Even now HD is at its infancy in India. But there has to always be a starting point.

But yes, no 4K for us this year. We have to wait like we always have to wait.

Rushil.D said:
Tata Sky is HD Market Leader :eek:hya

Technicolor announces an agreement with Tata Sky, India’s leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader, to provide 4K Set Top Boxes in volume early 2015. The Technicolor product is the first 4K Set Top Box to be shipped in volume and underscores Technicolor’s leadership in delivering content with the highest image quality.

Newswire & Press Release / Technicolor Announces 4K Set Top Box Deal with Tata Sky - Software - Technicolor | NewswireToday

More importantly:

“4K is an important milestone in Tata Sky's product portfolio and we are confident of the timing and quality of delivery because of our partnership with Technicolor” said Harit Nagpal, CEO Tata-Sky.

So TS has plans for launching 4K content, which in turn means they have a long term solution for TP space crunch lined up. In other words, new satellite confirmed.

jdrocks said:
More importantly:

“4K is an important milestone in Tata Sky's product portfolio and we are confident of the timing and quality of delivery because of our partnership with Technicolor” said Harit Nagpal, CEO Tata-Sky.

So TS has plans for launching 4K content, which in turn means they have a long term solution for TP space crunch lined up. In other words, new satellite confirmed.

Correct Bro :tup;)

They Will Never Able to Launch 4k Service From Indian Satellites Because It Have Very Less Bandwidth For 4K Service They Need Foreign Satellites Which Have Sufficent And More Bandwidth :k

jdrocks said:
More importantly:

absolutely correct bro

New tp doent mean new satellite at new location.

may be gsat10

Sent from my HuaweiU8300

me_saket said:
New tp doent mean new satellite at new location.

may be gsat10

Sent from my HuaweiU8300

No Tata sky will never use GSAT10. they are ready to use foreign satellite. They have stepped ahead.

sayan.sunny said:
No Tata sky will never use GSAT10. they are ready to use foreign satellite. They have stepped ahead.

Do u have any source or not ?

We need UHDTV model tv to view UHD channels which costs US$1000 in USA. So it is not for middle class people like me. so for me no use of such stb

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock