Tata Sky to roll out Technicolor 4K boxes next year

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 82
  • Views: Views 9,399
Middle class people use CRT. HD is still a dream for them. So 4k is of no use

If 4k news is true there maybe a possibility that new tatasky+ hd box will be 4k and thats why they are clearing current +hd box stock by giving it for free with ipad.

Re: RE: Tata Sky to roll out Technicolor 4K boxes next year

Aditya Karan Singh said:
If 4k news is true there maybe a possibility that new tatasky+ hd box will be 4k and thats why they are clearing current +hd box stock by giving it for free with ipad.

Me too think the same bro.

They r clearing there stock of hd+ stb.

No even if ts hd+ with 4k launch.

current model wont be phase out soon.

its marketing stategy to give hd syb free. So those customer will make everywhere tv sucessfull in india before R Jio launch its own tv service.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300

me_saket said:
No even if ts hd+ with 4k launch.

current model wont be phase out soon.

its marketing stategy to give hd syb free. So those customer will make everywhere tv sucessfull in india before R Jio launch its own tv service.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300

Well if they are doing this to make everywhere tv popular then they did it by offering free sd or hd box instead of costly +hd box afterall it only require tatasky connection to get everywhere tv.

And we can see that tatasky didnt importing new +hd box as member who got free box has import date on his box 12/12.

There is no connection between Everywhere TV and 4K boxes. I think new boxes will be launched with 1 TB storage.

I am not saying there is any connection between 4k and everywheretv . I am just guessing if 4k news is true the new +hd box can be a 4k box because +hd box is tataskys topmost box and it will definitely get 4k. If they launch new box now and then another new box with 4k early next year it does not make sense to them to stock new +hd box till next year.

geekvishal said:
A HD takes 3 SD, so one UHD will take space of 3-4HD, which means 3*3=9 SD

Guys it seems like you got calculations wrong resolution bump doesn't mean the same as bumping bitrate . I don't think they will increase bitrate much for UHD channels.

Ofcourse a higher resolution requires a higher bitrate. That is at least if you wish to get decent quality. Although, because of the higher, almost double compared to AVC/MPEG4/H.264, efficiency of the HEVC/H.265 codec, UHD only requires approx. twice the bitrate of HD, even though it has four times the resolution of HD.

Reading the news of Tatasky's intentions of launching 4K Ready STB's for the Indian market sounds like a unrealistic & I only see this as a marketing gimmick to stay a premium brand.
Let's take the example of 3D which is in the consumer market for years but has no visibility though we have a growing market for LED/LCD TV due to lack of content and cost. The Indian consumers are only now getting the awareness of HD content which is growing rapidly with the DTH and the digital cable.
I have seen people use normal digital cable in spite of owning a HD TV citing cost as a factor.
4K on the other hand is very expensive 1st the UHDTV costs between 1.3 to 2.5 lacs which an avg Indian will not afford.
Indian consumers are extremely price conscious and will sacrifice quality for quantity (not all)
Videocon d2h is making rapid progress coz it is affordable though the HW quality & experience not great.
Maruthi still enjoys a market share of over 50% though we have numerous brands that make cars that are built better.
4K will only get mainstream in India only if the UHD TV get affordable which I do not see happening any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock