Tatas, Bharti on a call to explore joint front in telecom and DTH

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 95
  • Views: Views 12,279
New company is DishtvVideocon I think. They are not keeping them seperate as right now it is. Max expense for dth is satellite cost and if u have merged to reduce operational cost then as a company head you will not want to pay twice to different sat operators for same chs. Ultimate goal should be to allign all dish to a common sat to save costs

Last edited:
So have they merged their satelites ??? No Packages remain different.

Read the Article, its a Multi-Party Alliance and not a merger. Merger they speak is of a common resource sharing plan

It's not merging bro it's just a alliance

I think both TS & Adtv name as well as packages remains separate like dish TV & d2h only thing tp's can be shared then they may share the profit according

That too it's too early too work all this lot of meetings & procedure is awaiting they need to find solutions for all then only we can able to speak abt all this

So dish and videocon will have the two different Ceo and board of directors. Is that what you mean?

So have they merged their satelites ??? No Packages remain different.

Read the Article, its a Multi-Party Alliance and not a merger. Merger they speak is of a common resource sharing plan
Multi party alliance will hv board of directors from all alliance? Or they will hv a single board with single Ceo?

Dish TV Videocon will be led by Jawaharlal Goel and Videocon have the option to appoint two people's to the new entity from current memebers of Videocon d2h..

These two people's will become Deputy Managing Director and Deputy CEO.

If it's a merger means (Plans , service , prices are same for both dth means) then I'll quit dth service .. will go for local lco in Chennai

Don't want to stay with Tatasky with their horrible plans & high package cost

Yes they will operate as a single company....
We have seen one merging effect today i.e,Videocon d2h Deputy CEO Rohit Jain resigned.....:)
They are merging only Videocon group will have 40%
Dish tv will have 55%
Essel group will have 5%....

Why are you thinking to reach TS pricing , it can go other way around also or a new set of packs from combined company [emoji6]

But one thing is sure they will hv all their dishes pointing to same direction instead of two in sky

Last edited:
I think they can easily merge their stb dept. Both use same software technologies for middleware. They both can merge but they should drop that huge and distracting airtel logo and use ts logo only. However, this may not be the case because tata might exit the jv. The final control of the merged company will be with bharti. Hope they would retain the package selection of ts after merging. Also, they should adopt airtel remote, which is much much better than ts.

It should be:
Airtel stb + airtel remote + ts logo + ts packages + ts website and selfcare + ts customer care and service support :) :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock