Tatas, Bharti on a call to explore joint front in telecom and DTH

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 95
  • Views: Views 12,275
So dish and videocon will have the two different Ceo and board of directors. Is that what you mean?

No idea

So they are merging and will operate as a single company

Single company with two names in dth sector (dish TV , d2h) as per discussion official

Don't know what they do in future

Multi party alliance will hv board of directors from all alliance? Or they will hv a single board with single Ceo?

Bro, for now the article says that its Multi-Party Alliance, and not a merger like dish tv- d2h. This is again in the pre talks stage, and will take time for them to take the discussions forward. It may go on, or may be cancelled.

Let me give u an example of what is multi-Party alliance. I will give of politics if u and others are Ok with it as thats good example

See NDA is a alliance of many like minded parties. NDA has its own chairman, and Vice-Chairman, which is of the largest party, and each party has its own president. Same goes of UPA.

So similarly, here Tata and Airtel may form a alliance and may have a Chairman, but they are two different companies with own brand.
With an alliance they get get better deals with broadcasters, and others

In my view D2h dish may not realign whole dishes becoz Its a huge work...

They can also focus on region wise....

Urban or Rural...;)

If dish tv jas more urban customers then they may add many premium channels and Videocon may add rural channels...

Hope they would retain the package selection of ts after merging.

How u telling bro TS packs are better than Adtv packs ??

Why are you thinking to reach TS pricing , it can go other way around also or a new set of packs from combined company
emoji6.png

If that is the case then TS shouldn't take upper hand in package cost else it'll be a replica of current TS packs price

Last edited:
Tata sky dish points towards 83°E and Airtel dish points towards Ses7 108°E so, if all the dish (airtel + tata) points towards any one satellite ...say, 83°E....then all the dish will not be able to catch 108°E satellite... I don't think it is possible to change the orbit of satellite
Another point both have millions of customers...I'll not be easy to align dish
Correct me if I'm wrong...don't know much about satellites

Bro, for now the article says that its Multi-Party Alliance, and not a merger like dish tv- d2h. This is again in the pre talks stage, and will take time for them to take the discussions forward. It may go on, or may be cancelled.

Let me give u an example of what is multi-Party alliance. I will give of politics if u and others are Ok with it as thats good example

See NDA is a alliance of many like minded parties. NDA has its own chairman, and Vice-Chairman, which is of the largest party, and each party has its own president. Same goes of UPA.

So similarly, here Tata and Airtel may form a alliance and may have a Chairman, but they are two different companies with own brand.
With an alliance they get get better deals with broadcasters, and others
I think two brands is a stupid idea. That is why after merging companies don't keep two brands examples are Sony removing ten brands, airtel remove their touchtel brand

Last edited:
Tata sky dish points towards 83°E and Airtel dish points towards Ses7 108°E so, if all the dish (airtel + tata) points towards any one satellite ...say, 83°E....then all the dish will not be able to catch 108°E satellite... I don't think it is possible to change the orbit of satellite
Another point both have millions of customers...I'll not be easy to align dish
Correct me if I'm wrong...don't know much about satellites
That's the million dollar question. What is point of merging if I connot reduce my operational cost for dth which is mainly satellite cost? Before merge both had to pay sat providers seperately and if after merger situations doesn't change then no point in merger.

New company is DishtvVideocon I think. They are not keeping them seperate as right now it is. Max expense for dth is satellite cost and if u have merged to reduce operational cost then as a company head you will not want to pay twice to different sat operators for same chs. Ultimate goal should be to allign all dish to a common sat to save costs
The deals of Dishtv-Dishtv Videocon-Siti Cable with broadcasters will be negotiated on a common front .There will be no alignment of satellites or common STB's or infra sharing between Dishtv and D2h.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock