Tatasky Testing 3 SD Channels.

Devesh said:
Almost 40 HD channel available in india.

And most of them are available for more than a year now but still some of that Hd channel are still not launched either on any DTH or Cable except in their Personal Satellite Tp just kept for testing.

DishHD said:
And most of them are available for more than a year now but still some of that Hd channel are still not launched either on any DTH or Cable except in their Personal Satellite Tp just kept for testing.

This is because CRT has greater penetration than HD TV in India.

DishHD said:
Bro you are still thinking about 1080p full hd resolution. Where has already Sony is Launching a new Smart Phone named Sony Xperia Honami in this week or next week in IFA 2013 Berlin Germany with 20 MP Camera which can shoot in 4k ultra hd resolution which has 5 times more Picture clarity than full hd 1080p resolution and there are also rumors that the new Samsung Note 3 launching this week can also shoot in ultra hd 4k resolution, now think if smart phones which will cost around 40 to 50k Indian Rupees can shoot in 4k Ultra Hd resolution then the Cameras which are worth Millions of rupees with latest Technology used in Movies , Tv shows and sport events will shoot in outdated 1080p full hd resolution. Do you Know English Premier League matches are shot with 8k resolution cameras which have ten times more picture clarity then full 1080p.

Ok. But Can these higher resolution make any difference in picture? I think eye will saturate after a certain limit(pixel density). May be at 200 to 300 pixel per inch or so depending on person.

dipayan said:
Ok. But Can these higher resolution make any difference in picture? I think eye will saturate after a certain limit(pixel density). May be at 200 to 300 pixel per inch or so depending on person.

Bro in India around 70% of people are still using 30 years old 21 inch flat Tv to watch tv (Thats the reason you wont find many Hd channels in India compare to any other part of the world). Where has in Europe, USA or in South Asian Countries like Japan and south Korea around more than 90% of peoples are either using a LED or LCD Tvs and many of them are even ready to buy 4k or 8k Tvs to get better picture clarity where has in India only Rich peoples can afford those Tvs but in those countries any one can own that Latest Technology Tvs. And if u r asking about difference in PQ just wait for 3 and 4 years after seeing that 4k or 8k Picture Quality with your own eyes then you will think 1080p full hd was a bull sh#t technology like now if u use a 10 years old phone like nokia's black and white how will u feel or i tell you to use windows 98 instead of Windows 7 or windows 8. :k

I personally own Sony 65 inch 4k ultra hd TV. 4k native content (some is available on the Internet) is outstanding. Even normal 1080 full HD content is upscaled with great results. Using a large screen TV, you can really make out the difference between SD and HD. Technology will never lag behind. You either catch up or be left out. For example you have to acknowledge the reasons for digitisation of cable. India may lag behind but will ultimately have to catch up. You get the latest hardware models in India launching simultaneously with worldwide launches. So content has to be made available. It may be niche content available at a premium, but it will be available.

SD is mainstream for the masses and would always predominate. But premium HD or even ultra hd content would have to be made available for the niche market.

jdrocks said:
I personally own Sony 65 inch 4k ultra hd TV. 4k native content (some is available on the Internet) is outstanding. Even normal 1080 full HD content is upscaled with great results. Using a large screen TV, you can really make out the difference between SD and HD. Technology will never lag behind. You either catch up or be left out. For example you have to acknowledge the reasons for digitisation of cable. India may lag behind but will ultimately have to catch up. You get the latest hardware models in India launching simultaneously with worldwide launches. So content has to be made available. It may be niche content available at a premium, but it will be available.

SD is mainstream for the masses and would always predominate. But premium HD or even ultra hd content would have to be made available for the niche market.

Bro We are really badly lagging behind the world now forget 4K content in Indian Market for near future now. Now for example i am living in Dubai here i am getting 26 Hd full Hd channels max available in Indian Dth on Dish tru Hd that also show very limited content were has on the other from some Middle eastern satellite like Nilesat, Badrsat and one european Satellite Hotbird am getting around 150 to 180 Full Hd channels and that also many of them FTA channels and the number of HD channels are increasing everyday, here in i am getting too many HD channels + one 3d sports channel and some 3d movies channels. Now can you complete with this channels. But ya it is illegal to discuss about CCsam in Dreamdth forums and i am just using ***** to open all this channels.

DishHD said:
Bro in India around 70% of people are still using 30 years old 21 inch flat Tv to watch tv (Thats the reason you wont find many Hd channels in India compare to any other part of the world). Where has in Europe, USA or in South Asian Countries like Japan and south Korea around more than 90% of peoples are either using a LED or LCD Tvs and many of them are even ready to buy 4k or 8k Tvs to get better picture clarity where has in India only Rich peoples can afford those Tvs but in those countries any one can own that Latest Technology Tvs. And if u r asking about difference in PQ just wait for 3 and 4 years after seeing that 4k or 8k Picture Quality with your own eyes then you will think 1080p full hd was a bull sh#t technology like now if u use a 10 years old phone like nokia's black and white how will u feel or i tell you to use windows 98 instead of Windows 7 or windows 8. :k

May be after 3 - 4 years we will have 16k or 32k or even 64k. But the question is suppose you have a 21 or 32 inch Tv and you are watching TV from 10 - 12 feet away(most of us normally do). Will you see any difference in picture quality for CRT, 720p, 1080p, or even in 4k TV ?:huh

For an example suppose you keep some amount of sand on table. Now if you watch that from 10 inch you will see small sand particles( assume it as pixel). But what happen if you go to 10 to 12 feet away from that. Will you see sand particles?:huh

I don't think so. You will see the amount of sand not Sand particles(pixels) individually.

So I think HD TV is good for viewing from close. What you think? Please reply.

Thread is about test channels in Tata Sky but became a Expert review thread for HD Channels

dipayan said:
May be after 3 - 4 years we will have 16k or 32k or even 64k. But the question is suppose you have a 21 or 32 inch Tv and you are watching TV from 10 - 12 feet away(most of us normally do). Will you see any difference in picture quality for CRT, 720p, 1080p, or even in 4k TV ?:huh

For an example suppose you keep some amount of sand on table. Now if you watch that from 10 inch you will see small sand particles( assume it as pixel). But what happen if you go to 10 to 12 feet away from that. Will you see sand particles?:huh

I don't think so. You will see the amount of sand not Sand particles(pixels) individually.

So I think HD TV is good for viewing from close. What you think? Please reply.

Boss, if you have a 21 – 32 inch TV, obviously HD channels would be of no interest to you as HD broadcast requires bigger screens to be effective. But for people who have larger screen TVs and who are interested in high definition pictures with multichannel audio, HD channels are required. There is definitely a demand for HD channels as can be evidenced by the number of people asking for them in this forum. If you are satisfied with only SD channels, that is okay, but that does not mean others do not want HD channels. So let us stop deviating from the original topic in this thread and continue with that.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock