TCCL or Arasu or any MSO challenging SCV a reality or just a myth.

Can an alternate MSO emerge in Chennai?

• No, there are no alternates.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes, an alternate can definitely emerge.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
sathishbabu4u said:
mm.. i forgot ... anyway MIB forgots entire Tamil Nadu.
Strongly believing from Jan 1st 2016, TN alone not to implement DAS in whole india region.
My native is Karaikal which is coming under Pondicherry state. I talked to the cable operator there. He said, they have applied for DAS license but they didn't get the license till now. So they are not able to meet the timeline. So government also need to take some steps.

Sadiq said:
My native is Karaikal which is coming under Pondicherry state. I talked to the cable operator there. He said, they have applied for DAS license but they didn't get the license till now. So they are not able to meet the timeline. So government also need to take some steps.

As per MIB website for Karaikal, Diamond digital cable has the provisional license.
So your LCO has to get information this MSO. If your LCO connected with anyother MSO, should disconnect that MSO and connect with this MSO.

Diamond Digital Cable TV Services
No.9 Threewell Plaza Street,
Karaikal 609602
Tamil Nadu
Karaikal in UT of Pudhuchery and
Nagapatinam, Thanjavur &
Thiruvarur districts in the state of
Tamil Nadu
Provisional Registration issued on

http://mib.nic.in/WriteReadData/documents/List_of_Provisional_Registration_of_MSOs_as_on_24.11.2015.pdf

sathishbabu4u said:
As per MIB website for Karaikal, Diamond digital cable has the provisional license.
So your LCO has to get information this MSO. If your LCO connected with anyother MSO, should disconnect that MSO and connect with this MSO.

Diamond Digital Cable TV Services
No.9 Threewell Plaza Street,
Karaikal 609602
Tamil Nadu
Karaikal in UT of Pudhuchery and
Nagapatinam, Thanjavur &
Thiruvarur districts in the state of
Tamil Nadu
Provisional Registration issued on

http://mib.nic.in/WriteReadData/documents/List_of_Provisional_Registration_of_MSOs_as_on_24.11.2015.pdf

Thanks for the details bro.

Only Diamond Cables is the MSO for the entire Karaikal district. All the LCOs are getting signals from them only. But they told me that they didn't get license. But it is not correct.

As I can see that the date of license issue was on 19-Nov and the operator told me on 10-Dec, there could not be proper communication to him. So, we can expect digitization there in Karaikal soon.

Sadiq said:
Thanks for the details bro.

Only Diamond Cables is the MSO for the entire Karaikal district. All the LCOs are getting signals from them only. But they told me that they didn't get license. But it is not correct.

As I can see that the date of license issue was on 19-Nov and the operator told me on 10-Dec, there could not be proper communication to him. So, we can expect digitization there in Karaikal soon.

mm..this is expected in India... Got license in Nov-19 for Jan 1st Digitization is tricky one. Govt. should act fast and give license at least 6 months before Digitization end date.
Let's see what happens in Chennai.. is it SCV / Arasu continues or we can see any different news.

provisional license wont do any good on a long run and since all states except TN seems doing something atleast on DAS we can hope that Pondycherry will atleast try to go DAS soon.

M.J.Sadiq said:

Any update from Karaikal/Pondicherry on DAS implementation?

Now 30 to 40% of cable operators distributed STB in pondy city areas :) .. But not in my area eventhough it is a city only :-/ ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock