TCCL or Arasu or any MSO challenging SCV a reality or just a myth.

Can an alternate MSO emerge in Chennai?

• No, there are no alternates.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes, an alternate can definitely emerge.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
This question was raised on 25 March 2013 and after exactly 2 years the question still remains the same.

Has anyone from Chennai got Arasu after this thread was created by any chance? Any slight change with your MSO? Any update from your LCO?

So after 2.5 yrs of raising this question and with elections too approaching, SCV seems to have not only steadily kept its position as the major MSO with over 90% subscribers in Chennai but also emerged as the sole winner.

Now this thread and the query would once again gain worth only post 2016 elections.

Hope year 2016 brings DAS to Chennai People.​

Satvijay said:

Chennai cant be in analogue for ever when the entire nation is getting digitalised, one way or the other someone has to start distributing STB and start the conversion atleast post 2016 election as there would be no reason to deny this any longer.

I heard that, from Jan 1st , analogue will stop at chennai..
TRAI taking necessary steps for that .. let's see what happens

Still Chennai being ruled by SCV Analog & majorly DTHs..
I lost hope on Arasu as it won't come in near future..
Both TN govt & Central Govt have forgot about Arasu & it's DAS License.
Instead of providing digital services to people, TN govt started e-service centres via Arasu cable & provides plastic aadhar cards, passports, birth & death certicates..Angry
Better we should move to any DTHs.

Recently TN Govt plans to start broadband & IPTV services.
This move makes us to think that even TN govt lost it's patience on acquiring DAS License from centre.
TN govt might think to enter broadcasting sector via IPTV instead of acquiring DAS License.Sleepy

I feel, "Arasu's 4 long years of travel towards digitisation almost comes to an end.."

aravindan said:
I lost hope on Arasu as it won't come in near future..
Both TN govt & Central Govt have forgot about Arasu & it's DAS License.

If they really wanted they would have entered Chennai with CAS license they already have since last govt. They dont seem to be interested in serving the state capital.

And if DAS license is the real issue than how are they operating in other DAS notified areas in TN? Why cant they do the same in Chennai too?

Yes, i too lost hope in them.

HOUSE-MD said:
If they really wanted they would have entered Chennai with CAS license they already have since last govt. They dont seem to be interested in serving the state capital.

And if DAS license is the real issue than how are they operating in other DAS notified areas in TN? Why cant they do the same in Chennai too?

Chennai is the only place DAS notified in TN. other parts coming from Jan 1st 2016 only.

sathishbabu4u said:
Chennai is the only place DAS notified in TN. other parts coming from Jan 1st 2016 only.
Coimbatore was under DAS phase II which happened last year. But not sure how effective it was.

Sadiq said:
Coimbatore was under DAS phase II which happened last year. But not sure how effective it was.

mm.. i forgot ... anyway MIB forgots entire Tamil Nadu.
Strongly believing from Jan 1st 2016, TN alone not to implement DAS in whole india region.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock