tccl set up box

jvcbpl said:
pearlpearl said:
jvcbpl said:
most of the pay channels will go free once the MSO is decided . Thats how it works.. even while scv was single mso in chennai many pay channels likes.. movies now, englsh news channels were given for free and most of the tamil pay channels were free..

Yes, you are right. But i think in CAS all the tamil pay channels were free for chennai alone to manage the market and only pay outside chennai.

And are you sure that Annanagar will be taken over by JAK? Also i learned that Rs 160 DAS package is nolonger in effect and they offer only Rs 200 package, dont know if they are moving to some other MSO but till now only SCV STB is in place and no compulsion to buy that.

My sister lives near K4 annanagar east.. Its all taken over by JAK.. not sure if it will be the same in the entire annanagar.. i have another friend in annanagar east he is still with SCV.. no clear picture of who will be the MSO in any area. Cable subscribers is where any channel can reach the maximum households.. so many of the pay channels will be offered free so they can increase the viewership. thats the reason we have sony PIX, AXN, History, discovery, ndtv, IBN, times now as free while we were in CAS... even now its free in analogue mode.. not sure if it will continue..

Ok, JAK has its headoffice in Annanagar east next to K4. Please ask her from when did the change happened? If it's only recently then even for me it can be really soon as K4 is just a 10 minutes walking distance and a straight road from my home also ask her about the price and the package details if possible as Jak's website is of no use and may be they have dumped it.

Yes, to manage competition even on DAS we can see many channels as free in basic package as MSO needs to manage the competition, people can easily switch to DTH if the difference if just Rs 50 and if the cable quality continues to be pathetic.

pearlpearl said:
jvcbpl said:
pearlpearl said:
jvcbpl said:
most of the pay channels will go free once the MSO is decided . Thats how it works.. even while scv was single mso in chennai many pay channels likes.. movies now, englsh news channels were given for free and most of the tamil pay channels were free..

Yes, you are right. But i think in CAS all the tamil pay channels were free for chennai alone to manage the market and only pay outside chennai.

And are you sure that Annanagar will be taken over by JAK? Also i learned that Rs 160 DAS package is nolonger in effect and they offer only Rs 200 package, dont know if they are moving to some other MSO but till now only SCV STB is in place and no compulsion to buy that.

My sister lives near K4 annanagar east.. Its all taken over by JAK.. not sure if it will be the same in the entire annanagar.. i have another friend in annanagar east he is still with SCV.. no clear picture of who will be the MSO in any area. Cable subscribers is where any channel can reach the maximum households.. so many of the pay channels will be offered free so they can increase the viewership. thats the reason we have sony PIX, AXN, History, discovery, ndtv, IBN, times now as free while we were in CAS... even now its free in analogue mode.. not sure if it will continue..

Ok, JAK has its headoffice in Annanagar east next to K4. Please ask her from when did the change happened? If it's only recently then even for me it can be really soon as K4 is just a 10 minutes walking distance and a straight road from my home also ask her about the price and the package details if possible as Jak's website is of no use and may be they have dumped it.

Yes, to manage competition even on DAS we can see many channels as free in basic package as MSO needs to manage the competition, people can easily switch to DTH if the difference if just Rs 50 and if the cable quality continues to be pathetic.

Currently.. its JAK in analogue mode... they are yet to distribute the STB. the change happened since saturday.

jvcbpl said:
Currently.. its JAK in analogue mode... they are yet to distribute the STB. the change happened since saturday.

Great, any idea on number of channels and package cost? :)

Great, only these channel were missing from the package and with these addition their package seems complete. Hope they are available across all places in Chennai and new LCO's should be created to those areas who don't want to join TCCL.

People should be given the right to choose their MSO and it shouldn't be the LCO's choice alone.

The adapter on my TCCL STB has stopped working. I directly plugged it into the mains as my voltage stabilizer did not have a 3 pin socket. Did anyone else have the same problem? Any suggestions on where I can find a replacement adapter?

Today, I visited my friend's home in Pallikaranai and I saw TCCL connection at his home. The set top box is very compact and even the remote. I didn't have a chance to go through all channels.

But I saw a list of 50 Tamil channels including Tamil language feed channels. But there are around 5 channels having Tamil language feeds and rest are pure Tamil channels.

Telugu - 44
Hindi - 100
Sports -11
International News - 9

The quality of the channels are also good.

Sadiq said:
Today, I visited my friend's home in Pallikaranai and I saw TCCL connection at his home. The set top box is very compact and even the remote. I didn't have a chance to go through all channels.

But I saw a list of 50 Tamil channels including Tamil language feed channels. But there are around 5 channels having Tamil language feeds and rest are pure Tamil channels.

Telugu - 44
Hindi - 100
Sports -11
International News - 9

The quality of the channels are also good.

What a mess, once side of the city we have an MSO called TCCL giving all the channels to its subscribers and we have the rest of the city where we don't have the freedom to watch all the channels that we like. :angry :angry

And we still say that we live in a democracy. :huh

I would be happy if my MSO gives me at-least the international news that are FTA.

In TCCL have subscription type is free, am cable operator how to my relatives to this options

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock