- 6 Oct 2013
- Reaction score
TDSAT order BECIL to hold commercial and technical audit of Tata Sky's system qua Sony's channel.
- Sony wants to conduct a technical and commercial audit of Tata Sky's system.
- Tata Sky asks for time to file reply.
- Sony has made a prayer to allow to conduct a technical and commercial audit of the Tata Sky’s head-end, CAS, SMS and all other technical system and equipment and that such audit be held at an early date preferably from 21.11.2018.
- Sony has sought cooperation of Tata Sky and that it should provide unhindered access to the petitioner or its authorised auditors and representatives to the respondent’s said system during the audit process.
- Documents have been annexed to show that Tata Sky has taken a stand to deny the petitioner’s request to hold audit on ground, which are not tenable in the light of relevant regulations as well as RIO agreement executed between the parties on 29.9.2018, which is effective from 1.10.2018.
- It has also been shown that in an agreement with another entity M/s Taj TV India Pvt Ltd, which is now part of the petitioner, the respondent had conceded the right to hold audit in favour of broadcaster Taj TV.
- Tata Sky has submitted that a perusal of the their reply would show that it is not opposed to the holding of audit by an independent auditor but it is opposed to applicant’s having unhindered access to many other information and data relating to products of other broadcasters.
- TDSAT : BECIL should hold a technical and commercial audit of the system of respondent no. 1 (Tata Sky)qua the petitioner’s channels at an early date preferably within two weeks keeping in view the purpose of audit.