Breaking TDSAT orders BECIL to hold commerical and technical audit of Tata Sky's system qua Sony's channel

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 102
  • Views: Views 25,344
Bro I have edited some part may be you were reading this post before i edited it. You can check now bro and yes this issue is also closed from my side too..

I respect your opinion too and yes we are friends and will always remain

Bhai IPL has been given too much importance, it can't be sole reason for drop in value of Sony Bouquet. Almost all their other channels except Sony Yay are performing exceedingly or quite well in respective genres. Infact the properties on Entertainment or Movie Channels has more consistent & high viewership than IPL. Even in niche space like English Movie or Infotainment Genre, Sony is in great position & a strong player.

Honestly we all need to stop treating IPL as something so special, already it's bid amount has reached sky high and if it keeps climbing Star Sports will launch 3 more sports channels for cricket highlights & convert existing ones to recover amount paid by showing IPL highlights. Never want Sony to go that way, they r showing variety of sports and we need to be appreciative. :)

Which show or programme gets concurrent online viewership of 10.3mn? IPL gets that so without it Sony loses its USP. It has no marquee property left. Other sports properties except India cricket which they have the viewership of those are in hundreds not even thousands.

In the period between 2015 to 2018 Sony's channel bouquet grew from 13 to 32 which includes many HD channels too & Tata Sky's subscriber base grew from 10 million to 16 million so how is asking for a substantial increase in fixed deal agreement amount wrong on part of broadcaster? Have u all forgotten the fact that Tata Sky increased the pack prices on a periodic basis and told us that it's due to addition of new channels so isn't it right to give a proportionate raise in revenue share to broadcasters ? Tata Sky charges are highest in the industry , if they don't want to pay more to broadcasters then they should reduce pack prices for us too but just making us pay more to increase profit is not acceptable atleast to me. Sony's demand of increase in agreement amount from Rs. 800 to 1700 crore is not that steep considering all these factors. If "market forces" affect input costs for the operator then broadcaster is not untouched by this as they are governed by same policies. Sony surely lost IPL but they have invested in getting rights of many other costly sports properties, look at the wide range of events they show on their network unlike Star Sports which charges hefty amount to show cricket highlights across channels. If u r not supporting Sony on this then i am afraid u r unknowingly promoting unfair practice. If u r supporting Tata Sky here then please ask them to provide HD+ STB to us at same price that of HD STB, if they agree then i will stand by ur side unconditionally.

Remember Sony has not increased prices pf channels, TRAI rules don't permit the same . Fact is no. of channels run by them + no. of subscribers & prices of Tata Sky have increased hence Sony is requesting for equal raise in fixed deal amount. Please don't fall for statements made to public, go into facts and decide who's stand is logical
In the period between 2015 to 2018 Sony's channel bouquet grew from 13 to 32 which includes many HD channels too & Tata Sky's subscriber base grew from 10 million to 16 million so how is asking for a substantial increase in fixed deal agreement amount wrong on part of broadcaster? Have u all forgotten the fact that Tata Sky increased the pack prices on a periodic basis and told us that it's due to addition of new channels so isn't it right to give a proportionate raise in revenue share to broadcasters ? Tata Sky charges are highest in the industry , if they don't want to pay more to broadcasters then they should reduce pack prices for us too but just making us pay more to increase profit is not acceptable atleast to me. Sony's demand of increase in agreement amount from Rs. 800 to 1700 crore is not that steep considering all these factors. If "market forces" affect input costs for the operator then broadcaster is not untouched by this as they are governed by same policies. Sony surely lost IPL but they have invested in getting rights of many other costly sports properties, look at the wide range of events they show on their network unlike Star Sports which charges hefty amount to show cricket highlights across channels. If u r not supporting Sony on this then i am afraid u r unknowingly promoting unfair practice. If u r supporting Tata Sky here then please ask them to provide HD+ STB to us at same price that of HD STB, if they agree then i will stand by ur side unconditionally.

Remember Sony has not increased prices pf channels, TRAI rules don't permit the same . Fact is no. of channels run by them + no. of subscribers & prices of Tata Sky have increased hence Sony is requesting for equal raise in fixed deal amount. Please don't fall for statements made to public, go into facts and decide who's stand is logical

correct. I am agree with you.

9e5f90335377924372731aab8ea57842.jpg

Why is 1700 crore not fair bro? Look at the increase in number of sony channels & 60 % jump in Tata Sky subscriber base + compare pack prices of Tata Sky in July 2015 & now. If Tata Sky had no problem to pay Rs. 800 crore at that point then what's the problem now? Additionally hasn't everything become costly too in this period so inflation will also be counted in. I see no problem if they r demanding a 100 % raise. Tata Sky is resisting this bcoz they fear competition from Jio & OTT , all the premium and urban audience will start jumping the boat and their ARPU will sink. They want to save the money as buffer to reduce loses in the foreseen future. This is the real reason which unfortunately regular people will not understand. Simply blaming or protesting is easy thing but understanding the crux is time consuming & requires patience which is scarce these days. Please guys, let's not fall for rhetoric & support right thing based on merit
Dino bhai (English translation bhai = brother) if 1700 cr is fair from 800 cr for 12 to 32 channel increase. Then tata sky mega pack price Rs 8500 to Rs 20000 is also fair. Tata sky has also increased their channels with time. If you have no problem with increase in Tata Sky price from 8500 to 20000 then we all should write to Tata Sky that we are ready to pay > 110 % hike in subscription give us sony channels.

So this forum is not for those people who are Indians but do not understand english language. Well done keep it up.

Dino bhai (English translation bhai = brother)
If you don't like our rules, so be it. Don't try to be sarcastic here. If we see this sarcasm again from you, we WILL take action.

Last edited:
If you don't like our rules, so be it. Don't try to be sarcastic here. If we see this sarcasm again from you, we WILL take action.
Has he done it before? Maybe he does not know. Just asking. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock