• Thread starter SUNIEL
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 109
  • Views: Views 13,210
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Ten HD coming soon on Tata Sky

Kpt said:
why people become so defensive about it? as if you work for tatasky.

dvb-s2 will slightly increase capacity but won't double the hd capacity thats for sure.

you only have to watch football matches on espn hd to notice how bad hd channel quality has become...when there is high motion like goal celebrations there high pixelation, which we didn't have when it was only 8 hd channels.

Why are you so sceptic about Tata Sky I really dont know. Look at DISH TV they are providing 42 HD Channels. Am I to believe all these are true HD Channels ? But TS providing only 13 to 14 HD Channels but all are true HD Channels in dvb-S2.

What is the lanching date

Bishnu15 said:
Why are you so sceptic about Tata Sky I really dont know. Look at DISH TV they are providing 42 HD Channels. Am I to believe all these are true HD Channels ? But TS providing only 13 to 14 HD Channels but all are true HD Channels in dvb-S2.

Why??? can't we even criticize tatasky now? we are paying premium amount per month for high quality service/channels. why settle for less eh? this forum is for giving true opinion afterall.

with the way hd quality of tatasky going it will look lot like fake upscaled hd like dish tv has.

Kpt said:
Great news since this is the channel most wanted by many hd viewers. but not if it added on current 13 hd channels TP. hd quality is so dull as it is will be even worse with another hd channel. it should go in another mpeg4 TP.
Are you sure that the quality of HD channels deteriorated after the addition of 13th.

Kpt said:
maybe becuase most of them are clueless whats Real hd channels looks like. just few months ago tatasky had only 8 hd channels on a single TP and hd quality was very good. but its highly compressed now.

also you can't really notice hd qaulity on a small tv sets and sitting 100 metres from your tv sets.

Yeah from 10 - 12 feet there will be no difference between LCD with HD channel and CRT with SD channel on small TV.

But I don't understand one point. If they have better compression technique by means of which they can add more HD channels in one Tp without compromising quality then what is the problem ?:huh

But I don't think they will add TEN HD in HD transponder.

Kpt said:
why people become so defensive about it? as if you work for tatasky.

dvb-s2 will slightly increase capacity but won't double the hd capacity thats for sure.

you only have to watch football matches on espn hd to notice how bad hd channel quality has become...when there is high motion like goal celebrations there high pixelation, which we didn't have when it was only 8 hd channels.
1.I concur with you and I have the same doubt quite for some time.
If you ask for for more movie channels they say that there are enough movie channels. if you ask for music channels they say that they don't want more music channels. If you ask for free show case movies they say that they don't want. If you talk about popular demand for HD channels like Movies now they say that they prefer Discover HD , and advice you to got to some other DTH/ or Cable TV so on and so forth. If you talk about sub. rates of Starworld premium they advice you not to subscribe/ not to watch. If some customer poses some service lapse they suspect the customer's grievance. They don't tolerate a little critisism . They say that TS is a premium service. " What for, Whose sake and at whose cost" .
Who else can talk like that unless they are working for TS.
2.However I am not sure about the deterioration of quality of HD channels
(except Starmovies- reason I don't know) and me_saket's reasoning should have cleared your doubt.

HD Audio is taking more space (thrice to video),so dish tv can add more channels because they are not providing high quality audio(5.1).

Kpt said:
maybe becuase most of them are clueless whats Real hd channels looks like. just few months ago tatasky had only 8 hd channels on a single TP and hd quality was very good. but its highly compressed now.

also you can't really notice hd qaulity on a small tv sets and sitting 100 metres from your tv sets.

M having a 42 inch LG tv and sit and watch it very closely. Yet the PQ is very good

rohank3 said:
M having a 42 inch LG tv and sit and watch it very closely. Yet the PQ is very good

Me too no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock