Discussion The Downfall of Star Movies Select

Should Star Movies Select Shutdown

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMS should definitely shut down, I find it very amusing that HBO and AXN had to shut down their shops in India but on the other hand channels like SMS, Romedy Now, Zee Cafe are still existing which are just eating up the space, Talking about the Star, they have 6 sports channels and 5 movies channel and mostly repeat same things on all channel and u can add SMS to that list as well, dont know how they get license to launch so many channels because I recall Sony had swapped Animax with Yay because they were not allowed to launch Yay as a new channel.
Also, SMS Repeatly airing Ride on which is a china movie

Price of Rs. 22 is too high for Star Movies Select HD, Sony Pix and Star Gold HD. Both of them should be less than Rs. 12

SMS should definitely shut down, I find it very amusing that HBO and AXN had to shut down their shops in India but on the other hand channels like SMS, Romedy Now, Zee Cafe are still existing which are just eating up the space, Talking about the Star, they have 6 sports channels and 5 movies channel and mostly repeat same things on all channel and u can add SMS to that list as well, dont know how they get license to launch so many channels because I recall Sony had swapped Animax with Yay because they were not allowed to launch Yay as a new channel.
HBO shut down was very sad moment.

With the fast growing Internet speed and availability of latest movies through Netflix, Amazon and Torrent like websites paid movies channels are in survival crisis.

As i have mentioned before too that most likely Star Gold Select will most likely undergo rebranding/revamping until then repetition of handful of movies will continue

Price of Rs. 22 is too high for Star Movies Select HD, Sony Pix and Star Gold HD. Both of them should be less than Rs. 12

Sony Pix and Star Gold air extremely good content so A La Carte price of Rs. 22 is okay and anyways standalone price ia deliberately kept high so that people opt for broadcaster or DPO bouquets so that reach of all channels from a network geta enhanced ....wait some more time if in next NTO amendment price ceiling for A La Carte channels is increased and capping on bouquet discount is also extended or both things r left upto broadcasters to decide then A La Carte channels wil further see prices going up while bouquet pricing will get somewhat lowered..

As such right NTO is not serving the purpose with which it was implemented as 1stly broadcasters did not adopt it in right way and 2ndly since Ex TRAI Chairman Mr. Sharma retired there has not been much effort put to exert pressure on broadcasters to make corrections rather now it seems most of the demands of broadcasters will get accepted so we will end up with Pre NTO era regulations coming into effect just with new name

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock