There will be Sun Outage and subscribers may face No Signal issue between 28th Feb to 23rd March '18

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 8,865
Though there is a talk on other dth here i just want to confirm that adtv also have this sun outage report but I can't confirm if they have report before happen of sun outage or after. I posted in adtv subforum too regarding that like @Anish Pai bro quoted above :)

Coz I called last year & year before I called once facing the issue means that time they confirm sun outage report but I didn't able to confirm earlier via cc like @Sagar bro did :)

A Sun outage, Sun transit or Sun fade is an interruption in or distortion of geostationary satellite signals caused by interference from solar radiation. The effect is due to the Sun's radiation overwhelming the satellite signal.
In the northern hemisphere, sun outages occur before the March equinox (February, March) and after the September equinox (September and October).

At these times, the apparent path of the Sun across the sky takes it directly behind the line of sight between an earth station and a satellite. The Sun radiates strongly across the entire spectrum, including the microwave frequencies used to communicate with satellites (C band, Ku band, and Kaband), so the Sun swamps the signal from the satellite. The effects of a Sun outage range from partial degradation (increase in the error rate) to total destruction of the signal.

Sun outage - Wikipedia

I found this topic interesting and googled about equinox.
Looks like it effects many satellite services not only DTH, so this is not something to do with Tata Sky but common for all geostationary satelites during March and September. Learnt some info today, courtesy Wikipedia:)

Forget about satellites around earth, even mars orbiter mission also faced sun outage.

Bro, this is just precautionary steps TS take by informing their customer's. No other DTH does this

Also I have never faced Sun Outages for Ku Band from TS side. I faced sunoutages from broadcaster where TS puts a message on the screen

All DTH faces sun outage on Ku Band, depends on location and dish size
In abroad its common thing, I have seen Airtel D2h and Dishtv users being affected by Ku Band sun outages

I am sure sun outage occur even in c and extended c band because we humans cannot build satellites which is more powerful than solar radiation
But rain outage in ku band exclusive

Lol, Come On Bro!

Why Are You Very Serious?

I Just Said My Opinion!

But Still Nobody Have Exact Answer For This!

Even Few Say Other DTH Operators Hiding But None Of Us/Them Don't Have Solid Proof For The Same!

Yes There Could Be 5-10% Signal Deviation At Sun Outage Times! But Tata Sky Dish Is Best Among The All! Still Sun Outage Is Occurring Means That's What Bit Of Worrying!

As I Use Videocon D2H Big Size Dish For My Tata Sky I Didn't Face Any Such A Kind Of Problem

Usually Checking Signals 2-3 Times A Day While Making Blind Scan!

I told you the real reason and you are not believing. Believe me it's the Chinese who are blinding our sat by using classified military laser technology. It's a part of their missile defence program. They are testing so that they can block our NaVIC satellites system. They don't hv access to NaVic system now so they bought TS STB and using GSAT 10/insat 4A satellites for testing. So that they can be sure that their laser work on any satellites during war time

I told you the real reason and you are not believing. Believe me it's the Chinese who are blinding our sat by using classified military laser technology. It's a part of their missile defence program. They are testing so that they can block our NaVIC satellites system. They don't hv access to NaVic system now so they bought TS STB and using GSAT 10/insat 4A satellites for testing. So that they can be sure that their laser work on any satellites during war time

WT*? Are You Serious?

I am sure sun outage occur even in c and extended c band because we humans cannot build satellites which is more powerful than solar radiation
But rain outage in ku band exclusive

Yeah But Not With All Satellites!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock