Sad News Three HD Sony channels has been shut down due to low viewership (Sony Rox HD, Le Plex HD & Ten Golf HD)

May Be They Launch Sony Pix2 SD and HD
They have already separate licences for Sony Pix 2 SD & HD. So, no chance these 2 channels are going to replace ROX & Le PLEX channels.
May be they are planning for something else.

They have already separate licences for Sony Pix 2 SD & HD. So, no chance these 2 channels are going to replace ROX & Le PLEX channels.
May be they are planning for something else.
They have separate licence so what ? They can replace any Channels which are not getting ratings .. These Channels can be later used to rename n launch as new Channels in future.

Once Star Plus was dropped down from top position later they rebuilt their ratings. Likewise Sony should go for a revamp with a complete change. Intoduce some new dramas.Lack of dramas is the most important problem of Sony. In non fiction side it is fine. Sony's reality shows are better performing than others.
Ps:Now Sony's dramas are only useful for Sun TV😀

Last edited:
Once Star Plus was dropped down from top position later they rebuilt their ratings. Likewise Sony should go for a revamp with a complete change. Intoduce some new dramas.Lack of dramas is the most important problem of Sony. In non fiction side it is fine. Sony's reality shows are better performing than others.
Ps:Now Sony's dramas are only useful for Sun TV😀
Exactly my thoughts. Sony started off back when I wasn't even born, catering to the young male audience. It built a mark over that particular age group. Now ever since 2016, they have been targeting middle aged women. That is the forte of channels like Star Plus and Zee TV. It would be really difficult to break in there.

They should go back to the young male audience strategy, or simply target the youth

Sony Le Plex HD , Rox HD & Ten golf hd channels should get a fair chance just like Animax . just like Animax India before getting shut down last year.. even though Animax was for niche audience they gave it fair chance , approx 13 years from 2004 to 2017 .. before deciding on shutting it down or replacing it with other channel. they could have advertised it better before deciding on shutting it down though..

Last edited:
I'm not bothered much about Sony Le Plex HD, but Sony Rox HD is one of my favorite music channels (others are MTV Beats HD and 9XM). I don't want Sony Rox to shut down. :verysad:

I'm not bothered much about Sony Le Plex HD, but Sony Rox HD is one of my favorite music channels (others are MTV Beats HD and 9XM). I don't want Sony Rox to shut down. :verysad:
Sony ROX HD mine gav. too.

Sony ROX HD mine gav. too.
But Sony ROX HD fb & twitter account are still running. They are posting current updates regularly.
But Sony Le PLEX HD is stopped totally on posting new posts on their fb & twitter.

All 'HD-Exclusive' channels will go through this fate unless the broadcaster wishes to offer SD feed of the channels. This will happen to other networks too in my opinion. Star was smart enough to foresee this and started SD feeds for most of its 'Exclusive' HD channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock