Sad News Three HD Sony channels has been shut down due to low viewership (Sony Rox HD, Le Plex HD & Ten Golf HD)

But what about Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Isn't it also made by Fox Star Studios as well?
And also by Dharma. Dharma movies rights with Colors I think.
Dharma has a better relationship with Viacom18 than with any other network. Another film co-produced by Dharma and Fox Star (Kapoor and Sons) is also with Viacom18. Karan Johar's first three directed films (KKHH, K3G and KANK) were recently sold by Star to Viacom. You also have Hasee Toh Phasee, the Dulhania franchise, OK Jaanu, etc.

Ironically, not only has Karan's fourth movie (My Name Is Khan) remained with Star, but Star Gold Select shows it every single week, to remind viewers that 'yes, we too have a KJo movie'! But three others have been sold off to Viacom18.

Last edited:
Dharma has a better relationship with Viacom18 than with any other network. Another film co-produced by Dharma and Fox Star (Kapoor and Sons) is also with Viacom18. Karan Johar's first three directed films (KKHH, K3G and KANK) were recently sold by Star to Viacom.

Ironically, not only has Karan's fourth movie (My Name Is Khan) remained with Star, but Star Gold Select shows it every single week, to remind viewers that 'yes, we too have a KJo movie'! But three others have been sold off to Viacom18.
Rights of Raazi and Dhadak are with ZEE.

I can give u break up of all the movie deals that have happened in last 10 years and what was the basis of it. You all will become extremely confused after that, it's a complex matter where star, production company, distributor, etc. come into play and combination of things decide satellite partner

Sony is doing fine in India. Worst performing broadcaster is Turner India, all their channels are getting lowest TRP.

Last edited:
I can give u break up of all the movie deals that have happened in last 10 years and what was the basis of it. You all will become extremely confused after that, it's a complex matter where star, production company, distributor, etc. come into play and combination of things decide satellite partner
Please do. I will be interested. I especially want to know why one of the most respected names (i.e., Yash Raj) signed an exclusive deal with Sony, only for Sony to (mostly) abandon it and any other Hindi studio in favour of Goldmines.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock