Tools for aligning dish Azimuth and Elevation from Latitude and Longitude of a place

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 29,728

Vinay

Reaction score
These are some of the tools for aligning dish Azimuth and Elevation from Latitude and Longitude of a place

1. Find out the Latitude and Longitude of a place using Google Maps or Wikimapia.

AN9vN.jpg

2. Enter this in the Satellite Receiver option for setting antenna.

mklIa.jpg

LHjml.jpg

99AdC.jpg

3. After you get the values for Azimuth and Elevation, use a compass and the scale on the back of the dish.

For Dishtv (NSS 6) at 95° East

oglDa.jpg

For DD Direct Plus (Insat4B) at 93.5° East

vg4pC.jpg

For Insat4A at 83° East

NAftA.jpg

Use a magnetic compass for adjusting Azimuth

ZfWjP.jpg

LdheW.jpg

After the signal is found, fine tune the Azimuth, Elevation and LNB Skew for optimum signal quality

bkOhQ.jpg

Do all receivers have this feature?Is there any online site/software which can do the same thing for you?

For azimuth you have to turn the dish to the degree given using compass horizontally and for elevation vertically using the markings on the dish,correct?

Do all receivers have this feature?Is there any online site/software which can do the same thing for you? Only some receivers have this feature. Check this with the dealer before buying.
Online site for this is www.dishpointer.com. The software for PC or mobiles is available on the net.

For azimuth you have to turn the dish to the degree given using compass horizontally and for elevation vertically using the markings on the dish,correct? - Yes you are right

I have a Beetel S11 DVB-S mpeg 2 receiver. That receiver has this feature.. :)

Secondly link to dish pointer website was given by Vinay only. I am thankful to him. I am referring dish pointer website to know dish azimuth and elevation from latitude and longitude of my place, Belgaum.
Dish pointer also gives the accurate LNB skew needed (in degrees clockwise or anticlockwise) for a particular satellite in a particular location.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock