• Views: Views 204,912

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not compliant MRP of all alacarte channels Rs 18 bouquet price should have been Rs 12

OTV from 2019 only offers 15% discount on its bouquet, so it has always been compliant with TRAI Regulations. Just few changes part of NTO 2.0 made to the new RIO which was published on Saturday.

Broadcasters are greedy they want us to pay Rs. 19 for useless daily soaps which are filled with nonsense and headache. I use to watch only one program Crime Patrol Satark, otherwise full day my parents watch the T.V. Thinking to get a smart TV soon and install some Live TV app and watch TV. Paying Rs.300 a month and getting to watch useless TV channels. In Rs. 300 there isn't a single sports channel of Sony , only Star Sports Channel.

Broadcasters are greedy they want us to pay Rs. 19 for useless daily soaps which are filled with nonsense and headache. I use to watch only one program Crime Patrol Satark, otherwise full day my parents watch the T.V. Thinking to get a smart TV soon and install some Live TV app and watch TV. Paying Rs.300 a month and getting to watch useless TV channels. In Rs. 300 there isn't a single sports channel of Sony , only Star Sports Channel.
Broadcasters are greedy because we are feeding them... If avoid subscribing them then their greed....

Broadcasters are greedy because we are feeding them... If avoid subscribing them then their greed....
Moreover they force us to subscribe to their app, which I never did till now. Secondly what I do is if I miss any of my programs which I like. For example (Crime Patrol Satark) I watch it on Sonly Liv website using Firefox and using adblock extension.

Imagining it from consumer view point, it would have been a lot of chaos. Data suggests 90% of the people are on bouquets, and 90% of those bouquets are not compliant. So I believe DPOs took this stand just to save consumers from the chaos.
Partially agreed. But DPOs had a lot of time from Jan 30th to notify the consumers and make changes. They didn't even try!

Look at their response as they were not given any instructions by trai
EQyOLBx.jpg

Look at their response as they were not given any instructions by trai
EQyOLBx.jpg
Broadcasters have signed agreement with DPOs according to old rules as they are in court while TRAI is sitting ideally without any further instructions, orders or any action. If the regulator itself is ignoring everything then what can you expect stakeholders

Last edited:
IMHO none of the sports channel except SS Hindi HD should be priced as RS 19. And all sony sports channel should be priced below 12. 22 is just too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock