TRAI directs Dish TV to comply with various provisions of New Regulatory Framework

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 40
  • Views: Views 7,307
TRAI clearly says that DPOs are free to provide broadcaster bouquets of their choice. Providing all the bouquets is not compulsory but providing the available channels on Ala-Carte basis is compulsory.

TRAI also says that if any channel of a particular bouquet is not available on the platform then the DPOs should not provide that bouquet but DTHs are providing those bouquets because the missing channels are a part of the basic bouquet.

Bro but that is violation of the rule. TRAI should ask the operators to provide the missing channel on the platform and then the bouquet or should not allow to subscribe to customers that bouquet as we pay more for the bouquet without the missing channels.

Last edited:
@Sarkar bro will Ts also get notice like this :huh: I'm confused :cf2:

I am sure no as TS 197 FTA promo pack is for all, people don't need to subscribe pay chs. And more over TS base packs does not have FTA chs. So people are free to add their desired FTA chs along with Base packs's pay chs

Airtel system is totally screwed up. I was trying to add discovery pack today & the bouquet rental shoots up from Rs 67 to Rs 232 when I try to add Rs 11.8 pack. Also, its showing varying number of available channels in MyOP pack - 6, 39, 266, 232 channels - on every refresh.

Looks like this is Airtel's trick to hoodwink TRAI whip.

At present Airtel customer care is worst. Moreover, at present no DTH is following TRAI rules

I still don't understand why someone would have problem with Dish TV offering almost all FTA channels without NCF.
Problem is in baba & telemarketing channels.I personally don't want to watch them even for 1sec. Others fta channels are ok

TRAI is not hitting where she should.
Forced migration to Long Validity Subscribers is not a issue for TRAI but they are upset that why consumer is getting FTA channels without cost.
That's ridiculous, Consumer has choice to take or not the FTA bouquet & if he takes any pay channel then this pack becomes free but a flat NCF is applicable.
Here consumer is forced to pay flat ₹130+tax NCF even if just one pay channel subscribed & who framed this rule TRAI.
And changing full price for Bouquet missing any channels is separate issue nothing to do with FTA issue.

Forced migration to Long Validity Subscribers is not a issue for TRAI but they are upset that why consumer is getting FTA channels without cost.
That's ridiculous, Consumer has choice to take or not the FTA bouquet & if he takes any pay channel then this pack becomes free but a flat NCF is applicable.
Here consumer is forced to pay flat ₹130+tax NCF even if just one pay channel subscribed & who framed this rule TRAI.
And changing full price for Bouquet missing any channels is separate issue nothing to do with FTA issue.
Totally agree with you bro.Trai is not taking proper action in the right areas post implementation.

They don't support this. They clearly say that ARPs users should be allowed to use their old plan.
If dish TV was doing this then you should've complained to TRAI about this. Airtel users complained this & their ARP was not changed. Without knowing anything how'll they take action?
Here consumer is forced to pay flat ₹130+tax NCF even if just one pay channel subscribed & who framed this rule TRAI.And changing full price for Bouquet missing any channels is separate issue nothing to do with FTA issue.
TRAI said that NCF can be anything between 0 to 130 which is happening in cable TV. It's DTHs who're charging full NCF.
But yes, TRAI should've issued notice for providing incomplete bouquets also.

They don't support this. They clearly say that ARPs users should be allowed to use their old plan.
If dish TV was doing this then you should've complained to TRAI about this. Airtel users complained this & their ARP was not changed. Without knowing anything how'll they take action?
All waste, Still i am sending mail to TRAI used Twitter but with zero response.
Still i am fighting eMail battle with DishTV, They have nothing new to say or have no TRAI order reference but still they are adamant.
TRAI said that NCF can be anything between 0 to 130 which is happening in cable TV. It's DTHs who're charging full NCF.
But yes, TRAI should've issued notice for providing incomplete bouquets also.
When charging ₹130 is allowed by TRAI why any service provider will not charge it ?
TRAI has given all the powers to them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock