TRAI directs Dish TV to comply with various provisions of New Regulatory Framework

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 40
  • Views: Views 7,369
After Airtel yesterday Dish TV today gets served similar notice. Forced complementary channels on TRAI radar.🔫

• The said DTH operator is forcefully offering a bouquet of free-to-air channels with no choice to subscribers and without their consent. This is in addition to the channels opted by the subscribers and the following message is being displayed: - This is a free to air bouquet at no extra charge. If you have selected any pay channel, then this bouquet will not impact your NCF.
• Most of the times, the consumers are not able to contact the toll-free number of Mj s Dish TV India Ltd to express their grievance.

Direction to Dish TV India Ltd to ensure compliance of various provisions of the New Regulatory Framework for Broadcasting and Cable TV Services
Very decisive step taken by TRAI against dishtv.

Dishtv is doing what they want and not listening to customer complains. Bad CC service.

Not adding channels which are demanded by the customers.

Here in middle east we are not receiving certain channels since Dishtv is using Gsat 15 sat for those channels and their is no coverage of Gsat 15 sat in middle east. Nss 6 sat is covering middle east region. They should think of all the consumers with equality.

To become the best you need to perform and be like the best in your actions & doings and not just by publishing that you are the best.

Hope Dishtv will learn from their mistakes now.

now we dont have to watch these telemarketing channel all over in LCN. good move by TRAI. also They have to add missing channels as how they can add Bouquet without some channels and charging full money.

now we dont have to watch these telemarketing channel all over in LCN. good move by TRAI. also They have to add missing channels as how they can add Bouquet without some channels and charging full money.

There is no such obligation from TRAI that you have to provide all channels of all broadcasters or all bouquets.Dishtv will only add those channels which toe their line. Viacom channels like MTV Hd+ ,Vh1 HD, other group channels like Travel XP missing.Nothing will be done in this regard and you have to change the operator to get these channels.

There is no such obligation from TRAI that you have to provide all channels of all broadcasters or all bouquets.Dishtv will only add those channels which toe their line. Viacom channels like MTV Hd+ ,Vh1 HD, other group channels like Travel XP missing.Nothing will be done in this regard and you have to change the operator to get these channels.
In that case Dishtv should charge less for the broadcaster bouquets due to many missing channels in the bouquets.Example Disney Hd pack is 8 rs even with UTV HD missing.

In that case Dishtv should charge less for the broadcaster bouquets due to many missing channels in the bouquets.Example Disney Hd pack is 8 rs even with UTV HD missing.

Yes I agree with you but uptil now nothing in this regard as this is tricky then you have to offer all bouquet channels on the platform.There should be a clause mentioning this that the price should be reduced accordingly if the channels are missing from the bouquets. If the clause is not there operators are free to take a decision and customer will suffer.In fact there is other case, the channels are there but the bouquets not there to subscribe by the operators.This is my view only as I had not referred if any rules point out in this regard.

Yes I agree with you but uptil now nothing in this regard as this is tricky then you have to offer all bouquet channels on the platform.There should be a clause mentioning this that the price should be reduced accordingly if the channels are missing from the bouquets. If the clause is not there operators are free to take a decision and customer will suffer.In fact there is other case, the channels are there but the bouquets not there to subscribe by the operators.This is my view only as I had not referred if any rules point out in this regard.
Bro this is one of the issues which is not being considered by Trai.If a solution can be found for this then a lot of money could be saved.

Bro this is one of the issues which is not being considered by Trai.If a solution can be found for this then a lot of money could be saved.

When feedback was sought on framing the rules by TRAI this should have been considered then.

I still don't understand why someone would have problem with Dish TV offering almost all FTA channels without NCF.

TRAI clearly says that DPOs are free to provide broadcaster bouquets of their choice. Providing all the bouquets is not compulsory but providing the available channels on Ala-Carte basis is compulsory.

TRAI also says that if any channel of a particular bouquet is not available on the platform then the DPOs should not provide that bouquet but DTHs are providing those bouquets because the missing channels are a part of the basic bouquet.

I still don't understand why someone would have problem with Dish TV offering almost all FTA channels without NCF.

Thats not the concern. You have to follow to the T, all the rules and regulations formed in this regard which is violated by Dishtv/D2h.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock