TRAI directs Dish TV to comply with various provisions of New Regulatory Framework

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 40
  • Views: Views 7,346
All waste, Still i am sending mail to TRAI used Twitter but with zero response.
Still i am fighting eMail battle with DishTV, They have nothing new to say or have no TRAI order reference but still they are adamant.
Now, there's no benefit of sending mails for ARPs as you must've been moved to new plan.
Don't know how you didn't got the reply. In my case, I got the reply of my mail within 24 hrs from TRAI & after few hours airtel also confirmed it by calling.

Dish tv have a malayalam HD addon,That contain FTA chanel mazhavil manorama HD. Is it against TRAI rules?
They just add FTA channels in packages only to take more money from users.

Dish tv have a malayalam HD addon,That contain FTA chanel mazhavil manorama HD. Is it against TRAI rules?
They just add FTA channels in packages only to take more money from users.
Thats illegal.They are also charging Rs 0.50 for mtvbeats while other dths charging Rs 0.10.They really dont care about TRAI.

Now, there's no benefit of sending mails for ARPs as you must've been moved to new plan.
Don't know how you didn't got the reply. In my case, I got the reply of my mail within 24 hrs from TRAI & after few hours airtel also confirmed it by calling.
TRAI is silent as usual,
Got call from CC even yesterday too,
Same reply Same argument Zero Outxome
Their take: We have done this as per TRAI order
My take: All Long Term Validity Subscriptions are out of this rule either till Validity ends or Any recharge by them or Request to migrate.
& You have no right to terminate agreement unilaterally or No third party can force you to terminate agreement like this It's unethical & illegal.
Finally he said that he will convey my points to team and bla bla bla...

Last edited:
TRAI is silent as usual,
Got call from CC even yesterday too,
Same reply Same argument Zero Outxome
Their take: We have done this as per TRAI order
My take: All Long Term Validity Subscriptions are out of this rule either till Validity ends or Any recharge by them or Request to migrate.
& You have no right to terminate agreement unilaterally or No third party can force you to terminate agreement like this It's unethical & illegal.
Finally he said that he will convey my points to team and bla bla bla...
Bro don't waste your time with these people.I was a Dish Prime HD South user till September 2019 and my pack was changed on 3rd April.I knew it was a waste to argue with this incompetent people.So I made my pack to the least possible budget but I had to loose a lot of channels.I have been telling to correct / update their system with the following suggestions
1.They should not add broadcaster packs which are incomplete.Example Zee Prime South HD packs are included even though Zee South HD channels are missing.That to this packs are charged at full pack amount.
Same way many incomplete packs are added and charged full amount.
2.The Broadcaster packs should be charged less if there are missing channels.But this people want full amount.
3.Times News and Movies HD pack has Times Now missing.
Still no change or improvement fom their side.The worse part is they are not willing to accept the fault and act accordingly.
Thats why I will wait for my pack expiry and move to Tatasky or Airtel DTH where the customer is valued.Even I suggest you do the same.

Bro don't waste your time with these people.I was a Dish Prime HD South user till September 2019 and my pack was changed on 3rd April.I knew it was a waste to argue with this incompetent people.So I made my pack to the least possible budget but I had to loose a lot of channels.I have been telling to correct / update their system with the following suggestions
1.They should not add broadcaster packs which are incomplete.Example Zee Prime South HD packs are included even though Zee South HD channels are missing.That to this packs are charged at full pack amount.
2.The Broadcaster packs should be charged less if there are missing channels.But this people want full amount.
Still no change or improvement fom their side.The worse part is they are not willing to accept the fault and act accordingly.
Thats why I will wait for my pack expiry and move to Tatasky or Airtel DTH where the customer is valued.Even I suggest you do the same.
Bro there is a good alternative for customers to keep Dth bill limited. Just subscribe to basic channels which you watch on a daily basis, don't go for expensive channels or broadcasters bouquets. Activate those expensive channels like sports & movie whenever there are matches or you want to watch any movie. Once you watch it just remove that channel. In this way you can limit your Dth bill upto Rs 250-300 & can get all HD contents on any channel when required. But only thing is you will have to check EPG of channels every day you start your TV. For a full week I watch only few selected channels but on weekend & on holidays I activate channels if I have time.

Bro there is a good alternative for customers to keep Dth bill limited. Just subscribe to basic channels which you watch on a daily basis, don't go for expensive channels or broadcasters bouquets. Activate those expensive channels like sports & movie whenever there are matches or you want to watch any movie. Once you watch it just remove that channel. In this way you can limit your Dth bill upto Rs 250-300 & can get all HD contents on any channel when required. But only thing is you will have to check EPG of channels every day you start your TV. For a full week I watch only few selected channels but on weekend & on holidays I activate channels if I have time.
Bro this becomes hectic and repetitive in every week.The New system was brought to make things easy for the customers but it has turned out to be the opposite.

Even i have done same thing.
Actually this NCF is making all the trouble, I said him that charging maximum NCF is not good,
You should give discount in NCF and why charging 2SD channel NCF for 1HD channel ?
Either give Discount in NCF as you can charge NCF ₹1 or even Zero too
Keep Max NCF at ₹130+tax
Do not charge extra for HD channels.
Yes i know i wasted my time but they seriously wanted it 😃😁😄

Dish tv not give 100fta channels to customers choice why not trai looking into this issue

Even i have done same thing.
Actually this NCF is making all the trouble, I said him that charging maximum NCF is not good,
You should give discount in NCF and why charging 2SD channel NCF for 1HD channel ?
Either give Discount in NCF as you can charge NCF ₹1 or even Zero too
Keep Max NCF at ₹130+tax
Do not charge extra for HD channels.
Yes i know i wasted my time but they seriously wanted it 😃😁😄
The NCF increases the bill even for a less number of channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock