Breaking TRAI Issued Show Cause Notice To Airtel For Non-Compliance

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 3,185
I am not saying that subscribers of airtel are not facing reception or account related issues but surely it is much lower than what it is incase of Dish d2h or many cable operators.

By the way subscribers also act impatiently and without understanding procedure thus causing more chaos. We know well enough that handling lacs of requests will put burden on their system and workforce so can't we go little slow rather than just constantly flooding them witj complaints?

By the way i am on regular monthly old plans on both my connections which are active under single ID, till now i have faced single blackout. I am not a special customer but as i applied little mind and decided to not join the mad rush hence my account did not encounter any technical error. Sometimes we need to breathe easy rather than acting on impulse
Yes, I agree with you.

Source

TRAI said that based on receipt of complaints and inspection of website of AirtelDigital TV and inspection of the consumer premises by TRAI officials, the regulator has observed that the DTH operator is forcefully offering a bouquet of free-to-air channels with no choice to subscribers, without their consent and with no additional network capacity fee (NCF). This is in addition to the channels opted by the subscribers. Also, most of the times, the consumers are not able to contact th ..
TRAI pulls up Airtel Digital TV for non-compliance of new regulatory framework

Last edited:
If airtel is forced to give free bundle channels only on basis of voluntary choice of subscriber then surely it will make them cut down on discounts or good offers to maintain healthy revenue. All these carriage channels will not pay them desired fee as reach will be impacted

Do not understand what problem common people have with activation of these complimentary packs, simply do not watch channels which mismatch with ur taste. These same people will also complain when airtel opts for strategy mentioned above.

Only thing TRAI needs to exert pressure on airtel is adding pending channels from each bouquet asap. Airtel has been addressing other concerns quite well

Do not understand what problem common people have with activation of these complimentary packs, simply do not watch channels which mismatch with ur taste. These same people will also complain when airtel opts for strategy mentioned above.
As I said earlier, there's no problem if it doesn't impact the common people. It's all due to the stupid implementation of Airtel. Complaints poured into TRAI and they acted. Even the latest FTA top up they have created with 230 odd channels is having a bug. If we add it, pay channels get deactivated. Nobody was gonna complain if the implementation was seem less like Tata Sky. Airtel can only blame themselves for this, not the users.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock