Good News TRAI now extends time till 31 March for new tariff regime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had already said that no need to hurry on this and land urself in a situation where technical glitches hamper tv viewing.

Last time when i stated that subscribers should exercise patience rather than constantly registering requests, my words were misinterpreted and given wrong meaning. I never said that everything at operator's end is fine and subscribers are at fault, all i wished to convey was that one should be wise enough to find best solution when confronted with problems. Yes, operators can do more to ease transition process but we too can make use of possible options intelligently.

By the way airtel is not allowing subscribers on old tariff regime to make changes in packs or add/remove new top ups. I tried doing thru SMS so and got a revert that to make changes in account please shift to new packs
Airtel changed my plan 4 feb. Now customers are loss money who have shifted new plan.

There were rumors that the date might extended till 7th feb and at that time TRAI told there is no such thing like extension & now its till 31st.
"You either die a hero or you will live long enough to see yourself become a villan" 🤐

I just stayed with my old pack itself as i have English Movies HD Rs 60/5 months pack, so don't want to stop that package so didn't changed.

But subscribed to imusicspace Re 1/month offer, now unable to remove this top up. So i wait till March-31st to take a decision.Other than this no regrets will happily wait till Mar-31st.

Need to find a way to watch sports channels maybe till that time as Diamond HD pack is expiring on Feb 27th.

I hope this system will be scraped & old packs to be continued.

Airtel changed my plan 4 feb. Now customers are loss money who have shifted new plan.

As a way of peaceful protest, recharge ur Jio with equivalent amount of loss incurred. When Airtel Mobile team calls u then tell them that i trusted airtel but u took changed my plan to expensive one incase of my DTH connection hence now i am planning to move to Jio for both mobile and television viewing purpose.

After this if u r lucky they will work out some arrangement and credit both account with necessary amount as compensation for loss + mark of goodwill gesture.

If u find my logic weird then accept my apology, i tend to see such aspects of life with a unique outlook. :)

There were rumors that the date might extended till 7th feb and at that time TRAI told there is no such thing like extension & now its till 31st.
"You either die a hero or you will live long enough to see yourself become a villan" 🤐

Brother, his words still hold true. Deadline for implementation was 29th December 2018 and all went ahead as per plan. Post this TRAI gave 1 month period to operators for smooth transition of all subscribers to this new regime. After one month they reviewed the progress and noticed that still many subscribers were not able to shift to new packs due to various issues and impoper awareness about process hence now transition period has been extended.

He was a hero and is still a hero. He sought consulations/feedback from all stakeholders, came out with a strong framework, fought all these years in court against operators or broadcasters to counter objections to this with facts and right now too making all possible efforts to cause minimal inconvenience to us.

Please tell me would it have been correct to black out all subscribers on old packs from a desired date, wouldn't that have been unjust? Also mark my words, after 4 or 5 months people who are criticizing TRAI for increase in TV bill, they will congratulate him for this after corrections happen as per market forces. Already discussed enough on this, requires understanding of multiple things and comparison based on various combinations. Most r unable to grasp the real difference hence coming to incorrect conclusion

Last edited:
Brother, his words still hold true. Deadline for implementation was 29th December 2018 and all went ahead as per plan. Post this TRAI gave 1 month period to operators for smooth transition of all subscribers to this new regime. After one month they reviewed the progress and noticed that still many subscribers were not able to shift to new packs due to various issues and impoper awareness about process hence now transition period has been extended.

He was a hero and is still a hero. He sought consulations/feedback from all stakeholders, came out with a strong framework, fought all these years in court against operators or broadcasters to counter objections to this with facts and right now too making all possible efforts to cause minimal inconvenience to us.

Please tell me would it have been correct to black out all subscribers on old packs from a desired date, wouldn't that have been unjust? Also mark my words, after 4 or 5 months people who are criticizing TRAI for increase in TV bill, they will congratulate him for this after corrections happen as per market forces. Already discussed enough on this, requires understanding of multiple things and comparison based on various combinations. Most r unable to grasp the real difference hence coming to incorrect conclusion
Dino bro, after 4 or 5 months whether i will get the new pack for the price of Rs.117 which iam paying now for Dishtv or Rs.99 in Airtel Digital TV
to get regional channels.
Getting now Tamil channels+English Movies +Sony Six+Nat Geo only for Rs.208.
For sure even if all tamil channels becomes free then also have to shell out Rs.154 per month which is not at all possible keeping in mind atleast Sun and Star vijay network will be pay because of their strong subscribers base.This i already posted in our DDF also before.
If 85:100 rules comes also, we won't get old price we used to pay for DTH operators. Only positive now prices of Sports Channels comes down-instead of Rs.50 or Rs.60 to Rs.5 to Rs.19 +taxes.

Last edited:
Trai chairman has taken a big amount of bribe from these companies that is the reson mobile and dth companies are open to loot the subscribers

I expect Jio to
As a way of peaceful protest, recharge ur Jio with equivalent amount of loss incurred. When Airtel Mobile team calls u then tell them that i trusted airtel but u took changed my plan to expensive one incase of my DTH connection hence now i am planning to move to Jio for both mobile and television viewing purpose.

After this if u r lucky they will work out some arrangement and credit both account with necessary amount as compensation for loss + mark of goodwill gesture.

If u find my logic weird then accept my apology, i tend to see such aspects of life with a unique outlook. :)

You won't believe i was also abt to post something similar.

I was Vodafone mobile customer & now also but frequent user of vodafone mobile internet & calls user then shifted to Jio for calls/internet.

Vodafone used to loot me in terms of unwanted vas service activation & debit money as per wish & high internet cost. I used to tell them if you continue doing this i ll shift to other service which eventually i did.

After i shifted to jio mobile they called thrice or 4 timed, i said i ve shifted to jio & will never use Vodafone again due to my experience. They said we ll apologize blah blah blah, i repeated same.

Likewise i expect the launch of jio bundled dth+home internet & bankrupt current players who aim @ looting customers money.

Anybody observed in video customers who fail to choose channels date may extend till 31st July
Take a look on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock