Breaking TRAI revised the tariff order again, lifts the limits on NCF and increases the maximum discount on channels to 45%

• Thread starter Thread starter Siva
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 88
  • Views Views: Views 17,417

TP & Adtv should reduce NCF to Rs.80/- or Rs.50/- like Sun Direct
They target different consumer base. I think with no NCF cap, TP will push for packs with more bundled channels and make few popular plans (like Dhamaal Mix was before NTO) with some discounts while High NCF will be applied on individual channel selections to deter lower cost subscriptions.

They target different consumer base. I think with no NCF cap, TP will push for packs with more bundled channels and make few popular plans (like Dhamaal Mix was before NTO) with some discounts while High NCF will be applied on individual channel selections to deter lower cost subscriptions.
Now they targets ARPU to 300 like Telcos😃

ARPU of 200rs for Karnataka with all HD available would make a key difference and attractive to bring back OTT viewers and new customer.

Current Kannada HD packs costs around Rs.250.
Without NCF, it will come less than Rs. 150..
So, they can bring a bundle for Rs. 200 with all respective regional channels + few selective other genere channels at Rs. 200 pack.

For those who are not opting for the pack, NCF could be made accordingly to match ARPU..

I'm sure that Fastway cable TV will definitely provide all SD channels for Rs.250-300 as before and all HD channels under 450/-
And packs will Start @130/- with popular channels
If DPOs come up with bundles like

1. 1 default language + other popular channels across genere ~200rs
2. 2 primary languages + other popular channels across genere ~250rs
3. 3+ primary languages + covering majority channels ~300rs

This would make DTHs attractive and can slowdown OTT migration

Now I understood the reason behind removal of NCF.

It helps in bringing Live TV channels of Paid channels on OTT..

Sunnxt which was blocking Live channels if user coming through OTT bundled subscription now started allowing Live channels without any restrictions

This also helps in JIO TV pan India launch in another couple of months

i m recharge my dish tv yesterday my package is family kids sports pack 319 sd
but after recharging its replc hd ott masti pack same price also 15 day extra because i m recharge 3pe 5 recharge offers nfc showing just rs 21rs

Back
Top Bottom