DDF Exclusive Travel Xp & Shorts Tv Launched on Tata Play Binge; Mega Plan Price Modified

Can we be realistic with these plans and services are useless? Why would I pay ₹350 for half the content I don't watch specially when something like Manorma Max, Sun NXT etc. are useless to me? They can easily charge around ₹150 by making us choose and buy subscription we actually are seeking. That is true combos.
Is that how combos have worked ever in the history of the entertainment industry or like the world in general? The whole idea of combo is like a buffet meal where you get unlimited access many of your favourite dishes but there are also counters serving dishes that you have no interest in consuming. You wouldn't pay for those dishes given a choice but then if you went to buy the dishes you like individually, you would end up paying even more than you are paying for the combo. So you decide to buy the discounted combo, eat what you like and ignore the rest.

Can we be realistic with these plans and services are useless? Why would I pay ₹350 for half the content I don't watch specially when something like Manorma Max, Sun NXT etc. are useless to me? They can easily charge around ₹150 by making us choose and buy subscription we actually are seeking. That is true combos.
Exactly.
Why would I watch Bengali streaming service Hoichoi as well as Planet Marathi.
They should launch region focused plans.

Is that how combos have worked ever in the history of the entertainment industry or like the world in general? The whole idea of combo is like a buffet meal where you get unlimited access many of your favourite dishes but there are also counters serving dishes that you have no interest in consuming. You wouldn't pay for those dishes given a choice but then if you went to buy the dishes you like individually, you would end up paying even more than you are paying for the combo. So you decide to buy the discounted combo, eat what you like and ignore the rest.
A combo we can make. Just because we pay for a buffet. Doesn't mean we eat everything. Point of these bouquets specially from DTH operators are to stop us from cord cutting. We would want to do same to save cost. Not spend extra for things we don't use. This is where platform like OTT Play excels. These combos needs to be creative. Let's say we want OTT service for sports only. They can easily offer a combo of Disney+ Hotstar, Sony Liv and even FanCode for ₹200. Or some South or Bengal centric bouquet. Than OTTs also gets free promotions and might be willing to give discounts too. Now they have created an extra burden for themselves by offering too much which most people don't want. This is expensive to both them and customers.

Point is no one needs 20-30 OTTs every month. Than also something worth ₹300 - ₹400 is too much. That doesn't even include the cost customer will be willing to spend on Spotify and youtube premium. Internet itself would cost somewhere around ₹500. DTH would be around ₹300.

So internet cost : 999rs
Tata binge: 299rs
Netflix: 499rs
Tata set top box channel: 450rs

Damn! Internet is surely getting costly because of OTT apps. Need to cut OTTs

A combo we can make. Just because we pay for a buffet. Doesn't mean we eat everything. Point of these bouquets specially from DTH operators are to stop us from cord cutting. We would want to do same to save cost. Not spend extra for things we don't use. This is where platform like OTT Play excels. These combos needs to be creative. Let's say we want OTT service for sports only. They can easily offer a combo of Disney+ Hotstar, Sony Liv and even FanCode for ₹200. Or some South or Bengal centric bouquet. Than OTTs also gets free promotions and might be willing to give discounts too. Now they have created an extra burden for themselves by offering too much which most people don't want. This is expensive to both them and customers.

True. Region/ language specific combos r needed wherein basic ones cost while those including more apps cost more and even more variants should be launched wherein certain genre based apps r clubbed together. Would be even better if we r allowed to opt for only watching selected content from different apps at lowe prices like if i want to watch just English / Hindi content then operators / platform should allow for such curated combos to be provided.

There r lot of permutations and combinations which can be worked out. It is a Big Misconception that ARPU can only be increased by pushing whole lot apps under selected combos rather if smaller variants of such combos r launched more number of people will opt for them thus sheer high volume will add up to revenue even though ARPU / per customer revenue may remain low.

Even broadcasters have the same issue as they couple all TV Channels and push standard bouquets to us at discounted prices rather than offering customers choice of opting their favorite channels at low cost even thru a-la-carte mode or thru smaller / affordable customised bouquets based on content type/genre. If say i watch Hindi GEC, Hindi Movie Channels but do not want to watch kids and sports channels then if broadcasters offer me choice of affordable bouquet as well as standalone channels then i will opt for even English GEC/ Movie channels more often or even make my own suitable combo as and when i neeed different type of channels rather than in a situation where broadcasters pushes me to opt for discounted bouquet which contains all Hindi GEC, Hindi Movies,,Kids , Infotainment, Sports channels thus overall making me pay more and thus limiting my budget to opt for English GEC / Movie Channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock