Breaking TV Bills of DTH Subscribers are Reduced says I&B Ministry

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 70
  • Views: Views 9,015
After getting Tata Sky last month i am saving atleast 100Rs a month thanks to the option of 0/1 day lockin. This regulation is great for people like me who don't watch much TV. Mom watches 2 channels and dad watches news so i have definitely saved quite a bit. For people who like to keep scrolling channels this is definitely a terrible rule and it's they who are affected the most since they will have to subscribe to many channels to keep scrolling like before. Until last month i was paying 350 a month and now i am paying 213.

After getting Tata Sky last month i am saving atleast 100Rs a month thanks to the option of 0/1 day lockin. This regulation is great for people like me who don't watch much TV. Mom watches 2 channels and dad watches news so i have definitely saved quite a bit. For people who like to keep scrolling channels this is definitely a terrible rule and it's they who are affected the most since they will have to subscribe to many channels to keep scrolling like before. Until last month i was paying 350 a month and now i am paying 213.
What you use, some OTT service?

Last edited:
Mine 4rs less as of now
My previous bill was 299
Now 295rs
But lost many more channels

Last edited:
How r u guys paying more now barring few cases? If u select channels properly then all channels would be accessible at more or less same price as in earlier system. Also i guess some of u had chosen Infinity, Platinum etc. kind of packs and though this included all channels but many of them were never watched by oneself. Please do not count such channels while comparing count of channels received at similar price point.

Infact i have compared composition of previous base packs and their price with what is being offered now. There is only slight difference, also new order has many other advantages like drop in a-la-carte rates, unnecessary channels getting shut down, more flexibility, minimal chance of blackout bcoz of few petitions related to renewing agreement etc.

TRAI is spot on and going forward it will bring in more benefits and level playing ground.

My bill definitely reduced because before trai rule none of us know which are paid channels and which are free. Before trai rule one have to choose at least basic pack which comes around 99 or more in basic pack all channels are not included so either take base pack or choose higher pack which includes channels which some view and some didn’t view means mixture of less and more interesting channels. Before trai rules in our home we mainly watch Sony sab HD and news channels both Hindi and English, music channel and sports channel, now in new trai rule it gives me liberty to choose either pack of broadcaster or a la cart channel. So in this new rule in ₹153 I’m getting all free to air news channels both Hindi and English so now I just have to take Sony sab HD and mtv beats HD as a la cart and I choose sports channel for India match only and that also in tatasky they are giving 0 day lock in period so I subscribe it on match day and as match concluded I dropped it so no charge for that channel so my bill is now reduced to only ₹178 per month. So it depends upon user who want to watch less or more channels as @shreyaskini bro said. There is no meaning of taking more channels as one cannot watch it on same time so choose wisely and get benefit from it.

Last edited:
Mine is still same as earlier but with very less channels. Now I am even not getting 25℅ of the channels which I was getting earlier..

Can u please tell bhai which packs u were having earlier , what was monthly subscription charge for it and right now how u r ending up paying more for same channels? Maybe i can help suggest u an option similar to ur previous plan

How r u guys paying more now barring few cases? If u select channels properly then all channels would be accessible at more or less same price as in earlier system. Also i guess some of u had chosen Infinity, Platinum etc. kind of packs and though this included all channels but many of them were never watched by oneself. Please do not count such channels while comparing count of channels received at similar price point.

Infact i have compared composition of previous base packs and their price with what is being offered now. There is only slight difference, also new order has many other advantages like drop in a-la-carte rates, unnecessary channels getting shut down, more flexibility, minimal chance of blackout bcoz of few petitions related to renewing agreement etc.

TRAI is spot on and going forward it will bring in more benefits and level playing ground.
Bro, homes with elderly ppl cannot choose selective channels... My dad wants all Tamil channels though he watches only news.

Suddenly he called me and asked about Infotainment channels... Now I pay for it too... Though they watch for few mins, they need it. Because they're used to it.

I cannot deny saying it's costly now :)

Bro you said right.

Same for me.
Earlier, it was 350 in cable connection, now around 215-220 in Tata sky.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock