TV channel 'Zindagi' announces its new prime time line-up!

Mudasir 4K

Contributor
Reaction score
The television channel 'Zindagi' has rebranded itself with local dramas.

TV channel Zindagi, which became popular for bringing stories from Pakistan on Indian small screen, is now coming up with new Indian and Turkish dramas after announcing discontinuation of shows from the neighbouring country.

Zindagi was launched in 2014 and courtesy Pakistani dramas like Humsafar, Zindagi Gulzar Hai, Maat, Shehr-e-Zaat and Dastaan, it soon found a loyal audience. Lately the channel had premiered a few Indian productions but none of them could match the popularity and TRPs of their Pakistani counterparts.

Now, the channel has re-branded itself by launching new Indian shows and serials from Turkey. The new line-up, which will have finite series format, will go on air from October 3. One of the shows is Bollywood actor Anupam Kher's maiden TV production, Khwaabon Ki Zamin Par.

Featuring Ashish Kashyap, Megha Chakroborty and Deeksha Sonalkar in the lead roles, the series is about a young aspiring actor, Arya, who goes to Mumbai to fulfill his dreams. Khwaabon Ki Zamin Par will show relationship conflict between Arya and his girlfriend Niyati (Megha).

Talking about the show, Kher said, "I could see some moments of my life in the show because I also started from a small town and struggled my way to become an Indian actor. I also left a love story behind me when I came to Mumbai...So, I can relate to the show and I know a lot of aspiring actors/actresses will also relate to it." The show's screenplay and dialogue writer said he has been influenced by shows like Humsafar and has tried to keep Khwaabon Ki Zamin Par true to reality and subtle.

Agar Tum Saath Ho is another upcoming production, which is a love story between a girl from an affluent Delhi family and a middle-class tuition teacher in Delhi. "We have shot entirely in Delhi and Bhopal (where the characters are based) because we wanted the show to be realistic, like other shows which earlier aired on Zindagi. There is a different high in shooting finite series and I am hopeful other channels will take a cue to encourage more fixed-duration shows," said Gulshan Sachdeva, who has directed and produced the show.

Agar Tum Saath Ho centres around the journey of Neema, who marries a simpleton Ravi, much against her father's wishes and how the couple deals with the meddling father. It stars Hitesh Bharadwaj, Ritu Barmecha, Dolly Ahluwalia, Sabina Mehta and Kamal Tiwari in the lead roles.

A spoof on daily soaps titled, TV Ke Uss Paar is a tongue-in-cheek sitcom about the obsession of Indian society with television shows. It stars Marathi actress Amita Khopkar and Aaksh Ahuja in principal roles.

A love story between a Gujarati girl and Punjabi boy titled Teri Meri Jodi will also make its way on the channel. It is a co-production between Indian company and Pakistan's channel Geo TV. Turkish shows like Fatmagul, Feriha and Little Lord will also be shown on Zindagi.
http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...-announces-its-new-prime-time-line-up-2259339

Zindagi-main.jpg

MUMBAI: General entertainment channel (GEC) Zindagi, which has grown on the back of Pakistani shows, has decided to phase out all Pakistani TV shows in the wake of the Uri attack.

“It’s an unfortunate decision we had to take to stop all programming from Pakistan. We at Zee have tried for the past 24 years to bridge the gap. However, the one-way street is not working. We took a decision in our hearts right after the Uri attack. Zindagi has been the reason for the rise of a number of stars from Pakistan but when we requested them to at least condemn the attacks without naming their country, none of them came forward,” said ZEE and Essel Group chairman Subhash Chandra.

Chandra also took to Twitter to make the announcement. He tweeted, “Unfortunate stance of Mia Sharif at UN. Zee is considering stopping Zindagi programmes from Pakistan. Artistes from there should leave.”

In the following tweets Chandra also put all speculations to rest by stating that Zindagi would not be shut down. The Pakistani shows, he said, would be replaced with Indian shows focusing on Indian Muslims.

“Will not shut down Zindagi channel but revamp programming without serials from Pakistan; we will have Indian subjects on Muslim community,” he tweeted.

Even before Chandra had tweeted about the phasing out of Pakistani content from Zindagi, the channel had unveiled its new primetime line-up on 19 September. The revamped programming line-up takes effect on 3 October. Zindagi’s primetime will be powered by local Indian and Turkish shows.

The new shows include a light-hearted Turkish drama ‘Little Lord’, three Indian originals including Sphere Origins’ ‘TV Ke Uss Par’, ‘Agar Tum Saath Ho’ produced by Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares, and Gulshan Sachdeva’s Film & Shots show ‘Khwaabon Ki Zameen Pe’. The line-up will also have ‘Teri Meri Jodi’, a co-production between Zindagi and Geo TV. This will be Kher’s debut fiction show as a producer.

‘Ek Tamanna Lahaasil Si’ and ‘Main Hari Piya’ are the only Pakistani shows that are being aired on the channel in different time bands. Currently, the channel’s content comprises 70% international content and 30% local. It is also planning to bring hand-picked stories from Spain, Italy, Latin America and Korea.

Launched in 2014, Zindagi debuted with Pakistani shows like ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’, ‘Waqt Ne Kiya Kya Haseen Sitam’, ‘Sasural Ki Galli’ and ‘Noor Bano’.

The move comes in the wake of an ultimatum given by Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) to all Pakistani film and TV artists to quit India or face consequences. There has been an upsurge of anger in the country following a terrorist attack on an Army camp in Uri in Jammu & Kashmir that led to the death of 19 soldiers. The attack is believed to have been orchestrated by terror groups based in Pakistan.

As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, Zindagi will launch an English dual feed to allow bi-lingual audiences to consume content in the language of their choice. Plans are also on to launch a high-definition (HD) version of the channel after obtaining a licence from the government.

No Pakistani shows on Zindagi, says Subhash Chandra | TelevisionPost.com

3 October se, Sawar rahi hai, Nikhar Rahi Hai, Zindagi

3 October se, Sawar rahi hai, Nikhar Rahi Hai, Zindagi
No Pakistani Shows on Zindagi
oAqYXta.jpg

So it's going to be like FIRANGI channel

RE: 3 October se, Sawar rahi hai, Nikhar Rahi Hai, Zindagi

Good share bro but already threads running on this topic :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock