DTH updates TV sets to soon have inbuilt satellite tuners to ensure viewers get FTA channels without need for a STB

but still we would be needing satellite dish right??? then only we would be receiving FTA channels

I think this is only for DD channels and not for other FTA channels. So I don't see any impact on private DTH.

I think this is only for DD channels and not for other FTA channels. So I don't see any impact on private DTH.
No private free to air channels will come automatically when we connect to DD free dish satellite

Now dd free dish using iCas encription. if they come with the icas encription it will support private dth also..

but still we would be needing satellite dish right??? then only we would be receiving FTA channels

Not necessary, for DTT tuner u need to simply attach a dongle to TV port abd watch all channels available thru terrestrial mode.

If u want to use inbuilt satellite tuners then u have to install dish/wires to receive channels.

Government should bring private broadcasters onboard DTT service by selling slots like it happens incase of DD Free Dish...it will be a great success if executed well in major cities. Also lot of money can b saved as consumers do not have buy dish/wiring etc. and simply buy a dongle while government can also provide free dongles to economically weaker section of the public. DD Free Dish connection kits can be given to people living in smaller cities or rural areas. But as i can see government is paying more focus to provide linear TV channels via DD Free Dish and cater to city audience via mobile apps, OTT etc which i guess is a cost effective measure/step

No private free to air channels will come automatically when we connect to DD free dish satellite
Yeah, obviously and the objective here is to increase the reach of DD channels. This won't act as a DD free dish connection.

What will happen to DD Sports1.0 then if every TV has DD Sports free no broadcaster will pay to telecast major sports events except IPL as all the major events will come under national importance and free on DD Sports1.0

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock