Breaking Uday Shankar, James Murdoch to pick up 40% stake in Viacom18

• Thread starter hulk
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 132
  • Views: Views 21,089
So the news is voot kids will merge with voot and the trio(excluding paramount ) will make all efforts to build the newest version of voot app.
Voot app will be available with hard bundle along with jio cinema and paramount plus (₹999/year ) for non jio users
And for jio users it might fall somewhere between (₹399-₹499)

They will follow Netflix type for subscription classes.
Jio Cinema has no clarity as Sun Nxt & some other app content available only for mobile, not for TV app.

I think Qatar investments Game changer for Reliance's Viacom18 in Sports market. they got IPL, CSA, FIFA, WPL and now Moto GP Media Rights. If QIA funds more in BTS Viacom18 likely acquire F1 and BCCI Media Rights too.

The Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Thursday said it has approved the proposed investment by Qatar Investment Authority in BTS Investment 1 Pte (BTS1), a Singapore-based pooled vehicle. QIA is a sovereign wealth fund of the State of Qatar, while BTS1 is an investment venture firm of James Murdoch's Lupa Systems and ex-chairman of Star and Disney India Uday Shankar.

I think Qatar investments Game changer for Reliance's Viacom18 in Sports market. they got IPL, CSA, FIFA, WPL and now Moto GP Media Rights. If QIA funds more in BTS Viacom18 likely acquire F1 and BCCI Media Rights too.

The Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Thursday said it has approved the proposed investment by Qatar Investment Authority in BTS Investment 1 Pte (BTS1), a Singapore-based pooled vehicle. QIA is a sovereign wealth fund of the State of Qatar, while BTS1 is an investment venture firm of James Murdoch's Lupa Systems and ex-chairman of Star and Disney India Uday Shankar.
I quite don't understand the investment. The BTS is not picking up any share in viacom18 but then how are they investing ,like on what basis.?

No chance they will go for F1 there is a limit to the price you pay for a media rights and the amount that F1 asks for 23races a year is just stupid no one in their right mind will pay that much. I am a F1 fan but if you say I have to pay 2000rs per year to watch F1 then I am not going to watch it there are other sporting events to watch on weekend which are not that expensive

NBC Universal will be buying shareholding in Uday Shankar and James Murdoch's BTS Investment and BTS VCC.

As per media reports, a portion of the investment proceeds will be further invested in Viacom18.

NBC Universal will be buying shareholding in Uday Shankar and James Murdoch's BTS Investment and BTS VCC.

As per media reports, a portion of the investment proceeds will be further invested in Viacom18.

So, Universal+ content will merge with Jio Cinema alongwith Paramount+ in future, but WB/HBO content is still unsold?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock