Breaking Uday Shankar, James Murdoch to pick up 40% stake in Viacom18

• Thread starter hulk
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 132
  • Views: Views 21,383
This was predicted. As thought Sony zee merge has triggered the chain of bombs that will explode. More people are interested in buying the stakes in N18

This deal is expected to completed in 2-3 weeks time . So before auction of IPL this deal will be completed .
As per my knowledge the deal is already over. Now proper arrangements are needed. If not support of this duo reliance will not dare to go for acquisition of big titles.
Also TV18 and N18 shares were dancing at high levels in past weeks.

If Viacom only has 9% stake. Will channels like Comedy Central, MTV and Vh1 continue after completely exiting? History Channel will also likely leave soon.

Last edited:
If Uday Shankar, James Murdoch acquires Viacom Stakes means Viacom becomes Big network in India, already Viacom have so many Digital and Broadcasting partners jio, Ullu, Dangal network as joining hands with Viacom to Acquire IPL media rights

If Viacom only has 9% stake. Will channels like Comedy Central, MTV and Vh1 continue after completely exiting? History Channel will also likely leave soon.
No those are strong portfolio. Dropping them will lead to non presence of viacomcbs in South Asia

With uday shankar ariving, I feel chances are high that V18 will acquire major entities in sports.

So, end of Comedy Central, Colours Infinity, both MTV and VH1 just like Star World and Channel V.
Now I just want to abuse all of them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock