Breaking Uday Shankar, James Murdoch to pick up 40% stake in Viacom18

• Thread starter hulk
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 132
  • Views: Views 21,331
It would not matter if any of these corporates came alone. But this is for everyone except Disney and Sony. Damn!!!! :biggrin:
ViacomCBS alone already a good international partner. Reliance is the biggest conglomerate in India. Then I don't know why this duo is thirsty..🥲

Sorry if this news is off topic but this wil definitely effect Indian market

BT has announced that it is in exclusive talks with Discovery to create a joint venture bringing together BT Sport and Eurosport UK

Sorry if this news is off topic but this wil definitely effect Indian market

BT has announced that it is in exclusive talks with Discovery to create a joint venture bringing together BT Sport and Eurosport UK
In India too???

Multiple fathers do bad for the kid:blush2:
'Viacom 18' is only in paper. Literally its TV 18- Viacom was melt down to just V as Reliance is the power centre. Usually any foreign media conglomerate partners with an Indian media, timely the foreign companion will gain the full authority. Here things are opposite. Even with 49% stake ViacomCBS doesn't showing their presence. Apart from their channel brands(MTV, Nick etc) no contribution in terms of contents from their assets. There is nothing coming with Viacom signature. By selling stakes and becoming a minority stake holder I think they wish for an exit from India.
Reliance Mukesh just want name everywhere, fact is Mukesh nothing wholly own in Reliance, Reliance industries itself have multiple fathers even Sub company Jio too Google, Facebook and many more investors invested huge money, if these investors left badly affected Reliance industries

Last edited:
This group (gaints of media companies) investments will not concrete in India till the IPL rights won.

Reliance Mukesh just want name everywhere, fact is Mukesh nothing wholly own in Reliance, Reliance industries itself have multiple fathers even Sub company Jio too Google, Facebook and many more investors invested huge money, if these investors left badly affected Reliance industries
fathers ?

ambani family owned majority stakes in reliance so that's enough. and no-one gonna live easily

I'm just thinking what will be the future of Colors TV and Viacom 18 motion pictures.

Scenario 1 :
TV 18 retains rights to Colors tv brand. Viacom 18 motion pictures changes name or shuts shop.

Scenario 2 :
Viacom retains rights to Colors tv brand. TV18 rebrands Colors TV network with new name. Viacom 18 motion pictures changes name/winds up.

I'm just thinking what will be the future of Colors TV and Viacom 18 motion pictures.

Scenario 1 :
TV 18 retains rights to Colors tv brand. Viacom 18 motion pictures changes name or shuts shop.

Scenario 2 :
Viacom retains rights to Colors tv brand. TV18 rebrands Colors TV network with new name. Viacom 18 motion pictures changes name/winds up.
Why this will be done ? Viacom18 will have majority holder in this . They'll have 51% ownership like before so why they'll sell or rebrand Colors brand . I'm not understanding what you're trying to say 🙄 :cf2:

Why this will be done ? Viacom18 will have majority holder in this . They'll have 51% ownership like before so why they'll sell or rebrand Colors brand . I'm not understanding what you're trying to say 🙄 :cf2:
well if Viacom sells their 40% stake then they who are already minority player will become negligible and TV18 are already holding 51% which they will be free to rename using the TV18 brand name. They may not do it but they would in all probability use the TV18 brand name.

However what I would like to know is if Comcast NBC Universal comes is there any chance of launching the sports channel under their NBC Sports brand or because of the presence of ViacomCBS they wont do it and continue to use just the TV18 brand

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock