Updates:- MHA denies permission to Sun Network channels, shut down imminent?

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 129
  • Views: Views 13,559
shawl_who said:
May be sunset !! :S :(

I really do not want sun to set :S :( even though, Sun Network south channels are not useful for me but still i don't want them to end like this. This thing might overall effect the business of Sun DTH and thrythey might even close this DTH business. I recently, recharged for 8 months, I am a little worried now.

in todays the hindu newspaper, it was reported that when MHA denied the sun operated cable license and they took to court to get interim order, the court had observed that its not the channel distributor that should be denied license, but the TV channel itself that needs to be denied license...

Will this thing also effect the ROI subscribers of Sun Direct? Are they also going to take action against Sun Direct?

but iam still having hope that all sun network channel must available in sun direct in the name of sun direct channel

Home Ministry may give clearance to Sun TV ‘if ownership changes’

Sun TV is the market leader in South India, and its radio channels under the brand name Suryan FM in Tamil Nadu and Red FM in other cities, are among India’s top FM stations.

The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), which denied security clearance to Sun TV network, is willing to reconsider its decision if the “ownership of the network changes hands or its Board of Directors is disbanded”, since the denial was primarily against its “promoters”, said senior officials of the MHA.

The network, with 33 satellite TV channels, is promoted by Kalanidhi Maran, brother of former Communications and IT Minister Dayanidhi Maran.

The decision to deny security clearance was based on considerations of “adverse impact on economic security,” and was “individual-centric”, said MHA officials, adding that security clearance to the TV network could be granted if there was a change in the network’s ownership.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/home-ministry-may-give-clearance-to-sun-tv-if-ownership-changes/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock